A/E Endpin Jack Strap Problem

Now about the other end...

Both my Yamaha FG300 and Dobro have a body pin, but not a neck pin. I absolutely HATE the 'tie a string around the headstock' strap attachment, but so far have not installed a neck button on either. I can't decide whether to put them on the butt of the neck heel or the side of the heel. I don't want to drill a hole then decide I don't like the position and end up with a hole. So what do you guys do?

With probably 30+ companies making endpin jacks it is no wonder this is an issue. I never had an issue with my Takamine and my Levys leather strap, but my new acoustic does not have an end pin right now. Still waffling on a pickup.

Both my Yamaha FG300 and Dobro have a body pin, but not a neck pin. I absolutely HATE the 'tie a string around the headstock' strap attachment, but so far have not installed a neck button on either. I can't decide whether to put them on the butt of the neck heel or the side of the heel. I don't want to drill a hole then decide I don't like the position and end up with a hole. So what do you guys do?

I don't like the 'string on the headstock' thing either. I generally go for the side of the heel when it is not on the guitar (like mine is not now).

If you put it on the heel the guitar will tend to "fall" forward. The side holds it more in the playing position.

If you put it on the heel the guitar will tend to "fall" forward. The side holds it more in the playing position.

My 335 has it on the heel, and I get what you are saying though since it is thin it isn't much of an issue.

maybe I should cover all the options?

imgres-15.jpg

One problem I find with the Epiphone is that the strap button/input jack is rather large and has only a thin indentation for the strap to secure to; most straps have to small a hole and too thick of a leather end. I was searching online and found this at Elderly Instruments:
sk1.jpg

You thread this through the strap hole, place the holes around the end pin, and the slide the nylon clip into the slot on the jack. At $10.00, I decided to take a chance. I'll report back when I get it. For more details on how it works, go to http://www.elderly.com/strap-keeper-strap-lock-for-instruments-with-large-endpin-jacks.htm

Went there to order one, and the fuckers have a $10 minimum, and it is $9.99. They want me to buy something else. Fuck you Elderly.

Bought one from Tapastring.com instead for $9.99

Went there to order one, and the fuckers have a $10 minimum, and it is $9.99. They want me to buy something else. Fuck you Elderly.

Bought one from Tapastring.com instead for $9.99
Yeah, I ran into that as well. Luckily, there were other things I needed, so I was okay, there.

Back