gmz99vyzcofo1uxwrdqn.jpg

o9px0qbqqloq2mpkhm2g.jpg

otnrwk104idl1fri3ziq.jpg

m7aodysupwisikaxsm5r.jpg

faylbx1ccbdzd2vthwm1.jpg

ca1vrgevpib7fj3ghfga.jpg

e8cj02u6m6livzfypgle.jpg

7 String Egan "They Ear" 15" Archtop

I am Joe Egan, the builder of this unique instrument. I have a small workshop where I build instruments carefully and patiently in small numbers. This guitar encompasses a lot the things I like as a player and definitely has a unique voicing. It would be considered more of an electric instrument and with the Benedetto S7 it has a very well balanced voiced with tons of depth for the extra low string to ring out and build complex chordings.

I am open to offers, and I give discounts to working professional musicians.
(serious offers only please)

Top: Western Red Cedar
Back: Western Maple
Sides: Black Walnut
Fingerboard/Bridge and Tail: Wenge
Binding: Padauk
Neck: Walnut/Maple/Bubinga
Width @ Nut: 50mm
String spacing @ Bridge: 64mm
Tuners: Gotoh
Pickup: Benedetto S7
Side Depth: 2.625"
Scale: 25.25 / 26.875
Finish: Satin Poly

Feel free to inquire with any questions

That looks extremely uncomfortable.
And awkward.
And ugly.
And misshapen.
And what's up with the bridge/tailpiece?

No offense to the guy who made it, but he needs to put down the bong.

He might as well just design a new kind of musical instrument, he'd be better off.

Terrible.

I would try it if I saw it. I'm intrigued by fanned frets and can appreciate what the builder is trying to do. I am not keen on the burst finish on the back and the pickguard.

I like the body. Give it to me with 6 strings and non fanned frets and I would rock it.

There are some interesting things he did with that. Some work visually, some don't. I would love to play one of those though, even though I have no need of a 7 string.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
----------------^----------
Like-O-Meter

I love it, but am not of the ability level to take any real advantage of its uniqueness.

Also, I would seriously offer him $500 for it despite my belief that it is likely far more valuable than dollar value.

Back