OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that douche is the rep for my parent's district and he replaced Eric Cantor who was even a bigger douche. People have tried to get my dad to run but in that district, you just need an R after your name to win. Cantor was run out because he wasn't Tea Party enough. My dad, being very liberal and someone who spent 40 years in public education would have a huge uphill battle.

no....he could just re-register as an R and then after the election, tell them all to get stuffed. :grin:

Woodard also believes the nation is likely to become more polarized, even though America is becoming a more diverse place every day. He says this is because people are "self-sorting."

"People choose to move to places where they identify with the values," Woodard says. "Red minorities go south and blue minorities go north to be in the majority. This is why blue states are getting bluer and red states are getting redder and the middle is getting smaller."

11%20nations.jpg

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-11-nations-of-the-united-states-2015-7

Yeah, I don't believe it. Long Island and half of New York are as red as can be.

Woodard also believes the nation is likely to become more polarized, even though America is becoming a more diverse place every day. He says this is because people are "self-sorting."

"People choose to move to places where they identify with the values," Woodard says. "Red minorities go south and blue minorities go north to be in the majority. This is why blue states are getting bluer and red states are getting redder and the middle is getting smaller."

11%20nations.jpg

Greater Appalachia/Midlands border should be closer to Philadelphia. This place is closer to Arkansas than Toronto in culture.

11%20nations.jpg

Author has clearly never explored inland California. If he had, it would be bright fucking red. Luckily there are a lot fewer of them per sq mile so they don't really effect the vote, but they aren't moving anywhere.

Yeah, I don't believe it. Long Island and half of New York are as red as can be.
Author has clearly never explored inland California. If he had, it would be bright fucking red. Luckily there are a lot fewer of them per sq mile so they don't really effect the vote, but they aren't moving anywhere.
But it's a colored map found on the internet, you can't argue with that.
Greater Appalachia/Midlands border should be closer to Philadelphia. This place is closer to Arkansas than Toronto in culture.

If you read the link the map is about a generalization of historical cultural identities that shape the ideologies of the regions...not democrat vs republican per say the colors are somewhat misleading

If you read the link the map is about a generalization of historical cultural identities that shape the ideologies of the regions...not democrat vs republican per say the colors are somewhat misleading

I understand that. I'm just saying Pennsyltucky is a real thing.

I understand that. I'm just saying Pennsyltucky is a real thing.
Having lived the majority of my live in the Philly metro I know what your talking about but I'd hardly classify the greater Delaware valley as pensyltucky. Yeah, there are plenty of people who embody that spirit but it's not really the identity of the region IMO. Head west on the turnpike and it's a whole nother story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back