National Hockey League 2018-2019

I'm feeling pretty good about the Sharks chances this year.

Having the 1-2 punch of Karlsson/Burns on D is fucking awesome. Every line is producing, even with Jumbo back on the DL.
 
Wow, Sharks stun the Predators with 3 goal come from behind win in regulation.

Karlsson>Burns on PP

 
That was an epic...and rather surprising comeback. The Sharks history in Nashville has not been so great as of late. Dillon channeling his inner Paul Coffey was something else.
 
Hopefully we can kick the Coyotes out of the Pacific division to make room. They should be in the Central.

That's what I hear will happen. Another Bay area Seattle rivalry will begin in a few years. It will depend on if they give them as sweet of a deal as the Knights got for their expansion draft. I would think the other teams would complain this time a bit more but then again Seattle anted $650M vs Vegas's $500
 
That's what I hear will happen. Another Bay area Seattle rivalry will begin in a few years. It will depend on if they give them as sweet of a deal as the Knights got for their expansion draft. I would think the other teams would complain this time a bit more but then again Seattle anted $650M vs Vegas's $500

Honestly, I think Vegas just got lucky last year, even though on paper they looked stacked. They have close to the same team as last year, but the results are glaringly different.

But...Seattle Metropolitans is a damn stupid name.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/...sion-approval-for-the-leagues-32nd-franchise/
 
I was not that big a hockey fan in Seattle, but this is about what I remember.




Except back in the 80's.

PS, and, to be truthful, I would be more excited if we were getting the Sonics back as part of the deal, as was going to happen with the new proposed stadium (rather than the retrofitted KeyArena).

 
Last edited:
PS, and, to be truthful, I would be more excited if we were getting the Sonics back as part of the deal, as was going to happen with the new proposed stadium (rather than the retrofitted KeyArena).



The link in my post above said Key Arena will be set up to hold 18,600 for basketball and 17K for hockey.
 
Yeah, but they won the last game, so it's all good. Their upcoming schedule isn't near as tough as November was.


I was listening to some guys on a television show discussing Karlsson. Some points which were made really caught my attention.

One thing was that last season in Ottawa, he had voiced his interest in not practicing as much. So they didn't. How good was EK65 and how good were the Sens? Not good. This was a team that came a goal or two from reaching the Finals the previous year against Fat Phil and the near invincible Penguins.

Another point that was made was that when an interviewer asked one of the Sens what it was like in the locker room this year capared to last year, he was told "this year it's like a democracy whereas last year it was a dictatorship".

Stories about online bullying aside (obviously that's horrible shit if it was true) but the points previously made tell me all I want or need to know about EK65. He is a locker room cancer and I don't want him on my team. As dominant as he was in the playoffs 2 seasons ago, he doesn't have the heart. The worst part of this is that San Jose already has Evander Kane who has no heart but talent galore.

Guys like Couture and Thorton must be shaking their heads and frustrated as F with these guys.

Meanwhile Marleau has to be one of the happiest guys in the NHL to have left that and to be where he is now.
 
Back
Top