National Football League (NFL) 2015-2016 thread

I'm looking forward to...

...with the first pick of the 2016 draft, the Chicago Bears select....

Also, we have threads for people to jab back and forth about Brady. If you have something to say, for or, against, dig one of them up and post there.

I never pay that much attention to preseason except for injuries that can impact my FF team. Preseason is for trying out new things and new players and a bad record doesn't necessarily mean a bad season. In spite of the loss of Jordy Nelson the Pack looks pretty strong as do the Hawks. Those would be my top choices for the NFC. The Eagles I'm not sure of Bradford never seems to make it through a season. The AFC looks more interesting to me right now...will Brady be suspended and how will that impact the ability of the Pats to make the playoffs? Will Miami be a juggernaut on defense this year? Will Big Ben need to score 30 a game because his D sucks? Will Luck break Peyton's record (given the weapons he would appear to have around him)

I am just hoping the Seahawks offense can get a little more cohesiveness and consistency going this year. Too spotty last year, and relied too heavily on Marshawn to just make things happen, or the defense to bail them out and score on their own. Would like to see a little more time of possession and control. I agree the Seahawks look to be strong on paper, and looking forward to seeing how it all comes together, hopefully.

My kids' team (the 49ers) seem to have essentially imploded during the offseason, and my team (the Packers) seems in danger of doing so during the the preseason!

Well, my team, Redskins, Fired RG3 today naming Kirk Cousins as the starter. Can't say it wasn't expected because, well, because RG3 has sucked after his return from injury and was getting his ass kicked in the pocket every time. Even when he released the ball.

Well, my team, Redskins, Fired RG3 today naming Kirk Cousins as the starter. Can't say it wasn't expected because, well, because RG3 has sucked after his return from injury and was getting his ass kicked in the pocket every time. Even when he released the ball.

From what I've seen, I'm not sure it matters WHO they put back there, they're going to get hit. Again, and again, and again, and then it will be 4th down.

^^^^

I feel bad about that. I liked RGIII and the idea of what could have been. I still think they need to change the team name though. (*ducks*, but true, I do think so.)

Skins made the right call. Griffin is just a mess right now. He had the highest sacks/attempts percentage in 40 years last year and it was getting worse in the preseason. Cousins is simply a better player going into the 2015 season.

Eagles look good in pre-season.
Probably the last time all year they'll look that way.

This year looks good to me. You've got to admit that even though they moved a lot of players, they have upgraded the talent of the team on both sides of the ball. Last two seasons the offense has averaged something like 30 points per game. If they can keep the dirty Sanchez out of the line up for the majority of the season, the offense should be on track to keep rolling. If the defense can keep opponents out of the end zone better than last year, things will be clicking.

I have zero expectations for what's left of the 49'rs. There is still a lot of talent on the team, but the O line looks worse than last year. Kaepernick simply has no time to do anything, so unless Carlos Hyde takes the ball 30+ times a game and racks up 200 yards per game, it's going to be a very long and depressing season. I hope I am proven wrong. D looks decent, I'll give them that. Having Bowman #53 back is a huge asset.

I will make one and only one prediction about the 2015 NFL season, and it is iron clad, bullet proof, and you can take it to the bank:

This will mark the first year in my memory that The Chargers will play the entire season without a single fuck given by yours truly in regards to their win/loss record.

They are my Fredo, they broke my heart. Let them sleep with the fishes.
Sorry to be dense, but what happened? You were an ironclad fan last year. And I can't remember what happened or maybe was not aware in the first place.

This year looks good to me. You've got to admit that even though they moved a lot of players, they have upgraded the talent of the team on both sides of the ball. Last two seasons the offense has averaged something like 30 points per game. If they can keep the dirty Sanchez out of the line up for the majority of the season, the offense should be on track to keep rolling. If the defense can keep opponents out of the end zone better than last year, things will be clicking.

Agreed.
They're deeper at every position, which seems to be Chip's MO.
Lose the big names, and replace all the high-end talent with a couple of depth players.
So far it's worked, but it is only pre-season.
Time will tell. My fear is that if they go against a good coach, they're going to get torn apart.
We'll see.
Chip knows how to run an offense. I am not sold at all on his defense, though. YET.

From what I've seen, I'm not sure it matters WHO they put back there, they're going to get hit. Again, and again, and again, and then it will be 4th down.
No, there is a clear difference. When G3 is back there he's going to take an ass whipping. The other two get hit less and less severe. G3 has pissed off everyone.

Last edited:
48050591.jpg

Skins made the right call. Griffin is just a mess right now. He had the highest sacks/attempts percentage in 40 years last year and it was getting worse in the preseason. Cousins is simply a better player going into the 2015 season.

With Griffin as the starter, I was going to say the Skins will finish last again and be forced to play in the NCAA next season. With Cousins at the helm, they will still finish last but they will get to stay in the NFC East next year. I hope they just cut Griffin and let him go to another team where he can ride the bench a couple of seasons and then get another shot where he isn't expected to turn around a horribly managed team who gave up everything to get him.

^^^^

I feel bad about that. I liked RGIII and the idea of what could have been. I still think they need to change the team name though. (*ducks*, but true, I do think so.)

As a life long Skins fan (my grandfather bought season tickets for the skins the first year they were available at RFK and he used to drag my mom to training camp when she was a kid in the 60s) I agree with you. Dan Snyder is probably the most hated owner in sports and he had a chance to be the good guy and turn around his image and make a ton of cash. Years ago, he could have said you know, the name offends a large portion of Native Americans, so we feel as an organization, the right thing to do is change the name. He would have seemed like a decent guy and then made a ton of cash when everyone had to replace their skins gear with the new name.

I also feel bad for Griffin. He came in here with so much pressure on him and he was a bit naive. He wasn't prepared for the DC media parsing every word that comes out of his mouth. I hope he gets a fresh start with a new team next year without the pressure on him.

Back