Yuck, Fender.

I like the look actually, but I do think CBHScott has a point about how it would feel to play one. No thank you.
Probably not very different from my hardtail Strat's 20 year old Warmoth northern Ash that was just stained.

wally.jpg

I bought a blue one back at the end of January. I absolutely love it. It's currently my favorite strat. It's very lightweight at only about 7lbs, 2 oz.
The tone does have a light strat kind of tone (e.g. not deeper and darker like my EJ Strat, but also not as bright as my JV Strat), and it has good resonance to it. It's made of ash, but much better sounding than the light ash strats that were out in the late 90s. It doesn't sound toppy like those uber heavy ash guitars did, it has more of a swamp ash tone.

Plus I truly love its Van Gogh look and feel to it. About the only thing I'd prefered to have seen on it, would have been either a rosewood fb or more of a vintage tint to the neck and maple fb.

Nah, not Yuck, this is Tom Cruise jumping on the couch love

US14110623-body-large_zpsrdwz0zsd_1.jpg

I bought a blue one back at the end of January. I absolutely love it. It's currently my favorite strat. It's very lightweight at only about 7lbs, 2 oz.
The tone does have a light strat kind of tone (e.g. not deeper and darker like my EJ Strat, but also not as bright as my JV Strat), and it has good resonance to it. It's made of ash, but much better sounding than the light ash strats that were out in the late 90s. It doesn't sound toppy like those uber heavy ash guitars did, it has more of a swamp ash tone.

Plus I truly love its Van Gogh look and feel to it. About the only thing I'd prefered to have seen on it, would have been either a rosewood fb or more of a vintage tint to the neck and maple fb.

Nah, not Yuck, this is Tom Cruse jumping on the couch love

GAS Man!!! :Wave:

Congrats (I guess... :wink: ).

Feel free to hang out over here once in a while! :thu:

(from AKA cbh5150 @ HC )

GAS Man!!! :Wave:

Congrats (I guess... :wink: ).

Feel free to hang out over here once in a while! :thu:

(from AKA cbh5150 @ HC )

Thanks, I've been getting back on the boards more lately. Still check in at HCEG from time to time, but it's definitely at a crawl pace over there.

:Wave:

Nah, not Yuck, this is Tom Cruise jumping on the couch love

:Wave:

Hey there!

Back