Who are your favourite ‘Muppet Show’ and ‘Sesame Street’ characters?

Sesame Street premiered in ‘69, 5 years before The Muppet Show. But yeah, you were too old to be watching. And unless your kids or grandchildren were fans...
yea, i knew that it started in '69, but wasn't on in my area until 74 or 75, at which time i was in the military.
and never had kids....so....
but the muppets were more of a comedy than a learning show, so i did watch them.

Sesame Street premiered in ‘69, 5 years before The Muppet Show. But yeah, you were too old to be watching. And unless your kids or grandchildren were fans...
I was six turning seven (October) in 1969, and I had younger brothers, and would sometimes watch as well, so it was always there pretty much. And the Muppets later was a great addition, but with a substantially different flavor/intent.

The US Government could the fentanyl epidemic by bringing The Muppet Show back so Dr. Bunson Honeydew and Beaker would day jobs again.

Paul Williams.

It's uncanny how he doesn't in any way look out of place. Perhaps I'm slightly biased since I've been dead scared of this guy since i watched Phantom of the Paradise the first time when I was like 10 years old.

Really, none of the above. I was 10 when sesame street premiered, and was more into Hanna-Barbara & Loony Toons for my TV entertainment. Puppets were boring.

Kermit for me, because I saw him on Sam and Friends, a five-minute show on WRC-TV in Washington. It aired from 1955 to 1961, and Kermit was there pretty much from the start.

Yep, he went to University of MD, and created Sam & Friends while attending school there as an undergrad.

Yep, he went to University of MD, and created Sam & Friends while attending school there as an undergrad.
It was cool when he went on to fame and fortune, but I was too old for Sesame Street when it came on. I did love the Muppet show, though.

It was cool when he went on to fame and fortune, but I was too old for Sesame Street when it came on. I did love the Muppet show, though.
I'm kinda in the same boat, but behind you by a few years. I was probably late elementary school when it started on daytime PBS, but given the other options on the 3 available broadcast channels, I'd watch it over the other choices. I was old enough to already know how to read and do basic math, so none of those parts were worth watching, but I'd still tune in just to see the Muppet bits. Then maybe catch some Galloping Gourmet, lol.

Back