whats in the mail?

angry tele

L'effet c'est moi
they used to have this thread over at HC, not sure if there is one here...anywhoo

Ive got incoming a set of Fender Showmaster heavy knurled knobs that look just like
the knobs on a 51Nocaster (taller than 52RI knobs with heavier knurling)

I also have a PV (Pure Vintage) 52 tele switch tip that is supposed to be an accurate reproduction
of the old daka-ware knobs from the 50s Uncle Leo used (the older 52RI knobs are way off spec from the originals)

Finally I have an orange-sprague .015 tone cap coming. I used to only use .047 as per Fender
recommendation, but then started using .033 as per Fred Stuarts suggestion, so now Id like to go even lower (smaller) and see what gives. (plus its like $0.90 cant be any cheaper)

anywhoo what do y'all gas-holes have coming, if anything?

MXR Smart Gate. Technically, it's not, as he created the shipping label on Sunday but hasn't dropped it off yet. :mad:

The CIA is giving me money!

I am Mr. Mike Baker Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) representative from the United States of America sent to Benin republic to investigate the compensation fund by the president Thomas Yayi Boni,the president met with the CIA and the UN, to bring an initiative of compensation, which was concluded that an CIA Agent will be assigned to travel down to Benin Republic and make sure that no innocent citizens of any country in every part of the world is being swindled through this act .

This compensation is to be made by the government of Benin and some other related bodies like the Central Bank of Benin (CBB) and the United Nations, due to the scam the citizens of Benin has done on the internet and other criminal acts to rip people off their money. The selection of the people to be compensated will be made randomly via internet. So if you luckily receive this mail that means you have been selected among the lucky ones to receive the sum of TWO MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS (USD 2.5 MILLION)

This fraudsters have being acting as CIA and FBI AGENTS, COMPENSATION AWARD HOUSE, BANKS, MINISTRY OF FINANCE, COURIER SERVICE. Please I will advise you stop further contact with them because they are all criminals.

Note: All necessary documentation to make the withdrawal of the fund legal and free from any breach of the law has been made by the government of Benin and the CIA, all you have to do now is to get back to me urgently with the following details for claim of fund through our instruction to the appointed paying bank.

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
PHONE NUMBER
SEX:
I will sending you my id card and appointed letter of your payment once I receive your full data. I shall expect your response as soon as you receive this email.

Best Regard
Mike Baker

A different kind of gear....
img2596.jpeg

I just got in a new 1 ply pick guard from Warmoth for the Tele. Much nicer than the chunky Squier one.

Also got one of these guitar work stations that roll up into a tube when not in use. It beats the hell out of the flimsy fold-able neck stands.
230303fb96c9d624670e344be14b74f2.png

Last edited:
I just got in a new 1 ply pick guard from Warmoth for the Tele. Much nicer than the chunky Squier one.

Also got one of these guitar work stations that roll up into a tube when not in use. It beats the hell out of the flimsy fold-able neck stands.
230303fb96c9d624670e344be14b74f2.png
One of the best $30 investments that I ever made.

Reactions: Tig
One of the best $30 investments that I ever made.

It might have been you that mentioned these a few weeks ago which got me interested.
If so, thanks! My recent string change was much easier with a stable area to work from.

A set of knobs and some hum bucker rings. I ordered them from Guangdong with free shipping for around $2.

Back