WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING, RIGHT NOW?!

115ca77be1e694d7f2399fb2f0762faa.jpg

I don't think I've watched that since it was first released on VHS. I remember it was great fun. Thanks for reminding me of it, I think I'll watch it this weekend!

Two early remarks. I just love how Ringo speaks. I could listen to him tell stories for a long while.

I really miss Tom Petty.

I watched a couple of Tom Petty 70th birthday party videos. Benmont and Mike doing a really cool version of American Girl and Stevie Nicks talking about Tom. I really wish that extended Wildflowers record would get here.

do you think Susan Dey was chosen to play Laurie Partridge because she looked so much like a young Michelle Phillips?

BTW, that young Michelle Phillips look was the look of pretty much every crush I had as a child. Other than Agent 99.

Also, “Pollinization” is a stupid word. Just use “Pollination.”

Also, Regina Spektor is a vocal badass.

Last edited:
do you think Susan Dey was chosen to play Laurie Partridge because she looked so much like a young Michelle Phillips?

BTW, that young Michelle Phillips look was the look of pretty much every crush I had as a child. Other than Agent 99.

I've also wondered if they were going for a Michelle Phillips thing with Susan Dey.

I bet you liked Peggy Lipton in Mod Squad.

2136.jpg

I've also wondered if they were going for a Michelle Phillips thing with Susan Dey.

I bet you liked Peggy Lipton in Mod Squad.

2136.jpg
Almost forgot about her, but absolutely! I was pretty young. That was my look for crushes at a young age. Let’s climb in the the converted VW beetle dune buggy and go!

We're watching "Patriot" on Amazon right now. My SIL has been pestering us to watch it for months and we finally succumbed. We are two episodes in. It's darkly funny and darkly terrifying. We'll see if that opinion changes after a few more episodes.

Finally watched Watchmen in part because @Flamencology recommended it. It’s rad and a fitting continuation/response to the graphic novel. Reminded me also a bit of Gaiman’s The Kindly Ones arc from Sandman. Probably not as gnarled and grimly humorous as Moore’s work (what is?) but still it felt like a fitting approach to social questions using that same universe.

Back