WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO......RIGHT NOW......Mk III

Good find! It is very proto-Fu Manchu!
Found out they were from Iowa of all places...I can't even think of another band in any genre from Iowa :embarrassed:

Also I dig that they kinda looked like the american version of Rush. Apparently the guitarist played a Gibson Firebird and Marshall stack

I clicked w/o looking at the artist and it instantly clicked who it was.

IIRC, you all dig poppy.
toodles

He does have a distinctive sort of wounded triceratops roar..

I don't think I'm familiar with poppy, but that guitar tone is delicious

edit: I googled poppy and refreshed my memory; I remember her youtube videos and I do indeed dig!

Last edited:

There are a thousand reasons to love this one, but on a personal note… my first house was near the corner of Church Street and Charlotte Street. :lol:

The church:

IMG_3953.jpeg

And the house:

IMG_3952.jpeg

That’s where we had our first child, and it’s where I was first diagnosed with cancer. Sold it when GWB was still the president.

There’s a great cemetery nearby that’s filled with expats who had the good sense to move North after 1776.

Last edited:
There are a thousand reasons to love this one, but on a personal note… my first house was near the corner of Church Street and Charlotte Street. :lol:

The church:

View attachment 92589

And the house:

View attachment 92590

That’s where we had our first child, and it’s where I was first diagnosed with cancer. Sold it when GWB was still the president.

There’s a great cemetery nearby that’s filled with expats who had the good sense to move North after 1776.
That's my kind of hood there. Beautiful architecture...and mojo

Last edited:
I feel as though I must have posted this again earlier this month, but it’s been stuck in my head for a good stretch now. So I guess you might have to deal with it too.

Back