WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2022-3-16_22-2-39.jpeg

Here’s something interesting but not good. But there’s some Meatloaf connection so @Motorik might be interested.

This Illinois rock history thing on Facebook had a profile on Karla DeVito who was the face in the videos and a touring member of Meatloaf’s Bat Out of Hell ensemble. I knew she was a local but never much more than random gossip from my dad who is the same age and vaguely knew of her because the South Suburbs are a small world.

The article —

I didn’t realize she made a whole damn album post Loaf. It’s the worst kind of early 80s cheese—here’s her lip sinking live on European TV. It’s ridiculous and I cannot look away. The contrast between the performance and the audience reaction…

Here’s something interesting but not good. But there’s some Meatloaf connection so @Motorik might be interested.

This Illinois rock history thing on Facebook had a profile on Karla DeVito who was the face in the videos and a touring member of Meatloaf’s Bat Out of Hell ensemble. I knew she was a local but never much more than random gossip from my dad who is the same age and vaguely knew of her because the South Suburbs are a small world.

The article —

I didn’t realize she made a whole damn album post Loaf. It’s the worst kind of early 80s cheese—here’s her lip sinking live on European TV. It’s ridiculous and I cannot look away. The contrast between the performance and the audience reaction…

I like how at about 1:38 the girl in the audience is eating a cookie.....probably handed out by the studio and laced with weed so she will "groove" on the performance.....actually not that bad. Seems like she was going for a Cyndi lauper thing

The article —

I had never heard that, but I think it is a total bop! I genuinely love it. Surprisingly heavy guitar, and it it also answers my question of 'what would you use a flanger for?'

I dig it a lot. Good sub-Cyndi vibes. I had to take a quick look to see if it had been used on the soundtrack to Ralph Bakshi's Cool World movie, but it seems no. Theyreally missed out there, it would have been pitch-perfect.

51H700VR8YL._SY445_.jpg

I am going to listen to it again now. Thanks for posting it, Good Buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back