WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Alexa shuffling music by Donovan. It opened with Hurdy Gurdy Man, then Catch the Wind, and now Season of the Witch. So far some of my absolute favorites. :hippie:

Nothing at the moment, but I've been binge-listening to Django Reinhardt lately. Once you get past the hiss and occasional crackles on those old recordings, man that stuff swings hard.

Later, it'll be a high-res recording of last Friday's Dead & Company show in the car while I make the run up to San Marcos.

OIF.jpg

Interesting, but why do bands always leave off the coda when they cover this?
I'm not familiar with this song. Someone in the comment section of this video mentioned them not doing the ending too. I will check out the original.
The new DP album, Turning To Crime, will be released next month. It's all cover songs.

I'm not familiar with this song. Someone in the comment section of this video mentioned them not doing the ending too. I will check out the original.
The new DP album, Turning To Crime, will be released next month. It's all cover songs.

Rush did a decent cover on their flashback album awhile ago...

Still on my Django kick. This album is a bit of an oddball - it is a posthumous release, using Django’s tracks with more recent backing musicians. I bought this LP decades ago, and I’m pretty sure this is only the 2nd time I’ve ever played it.

upload_2021-10-22_16-10-31.jpeg

It is excellent. Django’s parts sound crystal clear, and the overall sound is blowing me away. Lots of air around the different instruments. Primal eurojazz!

Also the first use of my newly-upgraded rig. New tube amp, new phono pre, new moving-coil cartridge.

6E1E3249-25E0-45A8-B9A1-D22C0579E93D.jpeg

Rush did a decent cover on their flashback album awhile ago...

Nice! I will listen to them in depth later. I have heard very few Rush songs since Roll Tha Bones. They needed more tunes with Neil rapping. It's actually a very solid song. I'm not sure why i quit listening to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back