WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacoma native, song about a beat up old road in Tacoma.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 8.07.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 8.09.02 PM.png

OOooogh I forgot how awesome this album was

That band rocks! I tried to find them on Apple music but I I got was some hip hop duo ....the Real Karp is on bandcamp.

By any Chance were you at this show ? (I think you said you lived in Olympia late 90's?)

That band rocks! I tried to find them on Apple music but I I got was some hip hop duo ....the Real Karp is on bandcamp.

By any Chance were you at this show ? (I think you said you lived in Olympia late 90's?)

Karp was probably my favorite band to come out of the whole PNW in the 90s, they were amazing.

I was at that show! (and saw them loooooots of other times at the capitol theater (where that show was). Actually I think one of the musical highlights of my college years was this wacky live-action star wars re-enactment that a bunch of Oly bands put on. Karp dressed up in huge paper-mache storm trooper helmets and played the imperial march theme just vamped over and over and over realllly slow for what seemed like 30-40 minutes (I was very stoned and eating chili dogs in the balcony of the theater, so not really sure on the time. It was like dying and going to stoner dork heaven)

stoner dork heaven

The rebound stoner/doom project @yabba and @DdBob are gonna form after yabba and VTF have a falling out over “creative differences” about whether or not it’s cool to sell out and have their band play the Vampire Squid 2022 Heavy Metal and Crypto Investment Lifestyle Seminar Caribbean Cruise Vacation Event.

The rebound stoner/doom project @yabba and @DdBob are gonna form after yabba and VTF have a falling out over “creative differences” about whether or not it’s cool to sell out and have their band play the Vampire Squid 2022 Heavy Metal and Crypto Investment Lifestyle Seminar Caribbean Cruise Vacation Event.
We as a band will not accept Crypto.we will accept weed though.

I forgot to say...THAT DRUMMER....holy fuck, that guy is an absolute beast. The stamina, and endurance, shiiiiit! I don't think Keith Moon could even keep up with that dude.

We as a band will not accept Crypto.we will accept weed though.

I forgot to say...THAT DRUMMER....holy fuck, that guy is an absolute beast. The stamina, and endurance, shiiiiit! I don't think Keith Moon could even keep up with that dude.
Yeah, he totally made the band (along with that NASTY guitar tone). he died in a drunken motorboat accident on lake washington like 20 years ago, super young. I wasn't in Oly any more then, but I remember hearing about it

Yeah, he totally made the band (along with that NASTY guitar tone). he died in a drunken motorboat accident on lake washington like 20 years ago, super young. I wasn't in Oly any more then, but I remember hearing about it
That's probably why he wasn't higher profile because with that talent he certainly woulda got recognition. Hell Metallica might've even hired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back