What’s your first “break it out at a party” song

Depends on the crowd and what I’ve been playing recently.

In general though, I’m going to party at the party and play at the gig.
 
500 miles by the Proclaimers usually gets even the most aggravated because somebody has a guitar out at a party person, singing along.
 
Teen Angst-Cracker, Teenage Lobotomy or 53rd and 3rd-Ramones. Complete Control or Police and Thieves-Clash. Somebody-Aerosmith. Maybe some Neil Young stuff.
 
At the moment, it'd be I Will Survive. However, I avoid parties most of the time, and generally prefer not to break it out unless there's an emergency.
 
Everlong (srsly)

im not a huge foo fan or anything but it’s an easy one and everyone knows it
 
If I am forced to play something I do an acoustic version of Rocket by The Smashing Pumpkins or Sister by Lenny Kravitz. Again, I try not to.
 
I'd rather not, but I used to be able to pull off a half-decent acoustic version of "The Girl from Ipanema" with English lyrics, or just ba-ba-dada ba-ba ba-dada and so on.
 
Back
Top