Weekend Wrapup

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Gig on Friday night. Went to see Captain Marvel today. Spring Break is now over.

Couple of blogs this week:

http://www.markwein.com/pedalboard-rebuild/

56696839_10157299794332425_987093478733250560_o.jpg

http://www.markwein.com/my-senior-recital/

IMG_1769-e1554224800936.jpg

My wife not happy with her just-turned-14-year-old son towering over her:

56547309_10157301203277425_7605580056861081600_n.jpg

Bought a new mattress for my kid. Took the old one to the dump, which is weird, because in NYC you just leave shit on the street and people take it.

Ate tacos.

Took the old one to the dump, which is weird, because in NYC you just leave shit on the street and people take it.
lol. Some stuff we can put out at the curb with a "free" sign or post it in the local Facebook group if it's furniture and it'll usually disappear. There is a thriving "secondary market" of stuff like that. Our local waste management company will also take a couple of large items a year without additional charge, too.

While we were away I got a bite on a feeler ad for my boat. Wednesday and Thursday scrambled to get it uncovered, cleaned up, and ready to show for Friday.

Friday, fought raindrops while I waited for the family to arrive. Got a good look over at everything and then off to the water test. All went well and they decided to take it. Rest of the day was spent packing up all the accessories, wakeboard, skis, etc back into the boat for its trip to Michigan.

Saturday, helped the new family get all set for their trip back with the boat and gave a sad wave goodbye. After that had lunch with the mrs then went for a walk at the park. Vegged out the rest of the evening.

Sunday, got a lot of stuff done around the house. Back to work tomorrow after two weeks off.

Thursday - Carol and I did our Uplifting Poetry and Music program at a local library. We had a Cultural Council grant that allowed us to do some advertising and give away some books and CDs. It was a really nice night. Carol's 94-year-old mother came. During soundcheck she kept telling Carol she couldn't hear her. The she said, "Maybe I should have worn my hearing aid." :facepalm: :messedup: :eek:

Friday - I worked at the program and chilled when I got home.

Saturday - Carol and I went with my MIL to nearby Pelham, MA. We ate at the Country Store, where I was able to get a tempeh Reuben sandwich. I haven't had a Reuben in more that 30 years, and this tasted great. Then we stopped at a craft center where Carol sells her books and then to an art show at the Town Hall. There was some really great stuff there, not just the usual landscapes one usually sees around here.

Sunday - I went to church in the morning, then to the studio. I spent some time reorganizing and rearranging the place, then recorded two new songs. Spent the rest of the day chilling out.

lol. Some stuff we can put out at the curb with a "free" sign or post it in the local Facebook group if it's furniture and it'll usually disappear. There is a thriving "secondary market" of stuff like that. Our local waste management company will also take a couple of large items a year without additional charge, too.

This complex has a rule about no furniture in the garbage. It’s in our lease. Disposal was super easy and free.

Friday - worked a half day and then went to see Colin James. My wife got us front row seats. This is my birthday present. Birthday is later this month.

F44AD62B-52B7-48AE-8BC4-D888D38D9C56.jpeg

Saturday - picked up a wheel, from storage, for the Challenger. Need it to be able to drive the car to the shop to get the rest swapped and the winter wheels put into storage. Why the need for the one wheel? Someone stabbed the sidewall last weekend. I tried to put one of my project car wheels on it at first. It went on okay but rubbed against the callipers.
Did some stuff around the house.

Sunday - taxes. Picked up barbecue for dinner. Ribs, wings, brisket, pulled pork, sausage, corn bread, mac n cheese, pan bread, onion strings, smoked chicken Caesar salad.
Fixed the security camera gateway that might have caught the bastard that stabbed the tire.

Willy was in a great mood all weekend. Very playful and cuddly. He pulled a tail feather and a flight feather.

Fri. Went and got free Grand Slam Breakfast from Denny's and free coffee from Starbuck's.
upload_2019-4-7_22-9-25.png

Wife came home and wanted to take me out for dinner. Not a big eater so I was still full from breakfast. Wasn't real hungry so just had a walleye sandwich.

Sat. Sat around and did nothing. Only left the house to move the car for night parking.

Sun. Plumbing quit draining. Plumber coming tomorrow. Have feeling I may have a collapsed drainpipe. $$$$$$$$. Went up north to visit son. Took wife to church in the evening.

Still in Cyprus.

Friday we went into Limassol during the day to have a look around. I took some great photos and we ate awesome seafood for lunch.

Back to hotel drank, had dinner, watched a bit of the show, Netflix

Saturday we chilled then went back into limassol to celebrate our anniversary. We had some unreal bbq then done a pub crawl, everyone we went into was great with cool music or acts on.

Yestrrdsy: first time I've woke up hungover on the holiday :embarrassed: lounged around the pool listening to Ken Burn's The West after lunch. Had dinner some more drinks then Netflix.

It's out 2nd anniversary today. We're about to go and get drunk, we have a cooking class at half 4 then we'll see where the day takes us.

Friday - went and watched my youngest as the lead in her school play. She was awesome. Then had to race my wife to the airport.

Saturday - ripped apart my massive pedalboard, then went and watched my youngest again.

Sunday - a bunch of yard work, then my youngest discovered she was finally as tall as me. She’ll be 14 next month and for the last couple years she has been waiting to catch me. My oldest stopped about 2 or 3 inches short before catching me. It’s not exactly an accomplishment to be as tall than me, but she was excited.

Saw Shazam on Fri. - fun!
Hit some Breweries in Vista with a couple of the neighbors on Sat. I think I'm done doing that. There's far too much over-hopped, over-sweet, over-flavored swill masquerading as hip San Diego craft beer out there. I couldn't even get through some of them.
Did a little yardwork on Sun., then watched shitty Lifetime movies with the wife--and the season premier of Killing Eve.

Went inshore fishing Saturday morning. Caught a Jack Crevalle, a Blue, 2 flounder and 2 whiting. Had my backyard decluttered and some old hurricane debris cleaned out. Found 2 HUGE black racers living under my wood pile. Wife wanted to kill them but they are good snakes to have around. Fertilized. Put up chicken fencing over my busted fence so my damn dog will stop escaping and begging neighbors to pet her. Fences are expensive so I'm not sure when the real repair will happen. We got quoted $7500 after Irma and insurance came out and estimated it at $2000. Assholes.

Back