VACATION THREAD 2019

It's this thing my wife and kids do every summer, where they go somewhere cool and I stay home to work/take care of the pets.
Come with us while she works and takes care of the kids. The food and music will blow you away. Not to mention the surfing.
 
My mom and dad are 90 and 91, respectively, so I will spend my vacation (as always, except in 2016 when we went to NY, Iceland, and England) going to Madison twice - in the Spring and Fall. When they've passed, I am going to take a really well-earned REAL vacation. I haven't gone anywhere except Wisconsin (again, save for that one trip) since going to Kauai perhaps 15 years ago.
 
We have Italy in March celebrating 25 years. Otherwise I have the itch to go back to the mountains. Considering that for maybe Thanksgiving. Wife wants to do a long weekend to DC. I always want to go to the Keys and will hopefully at least do one long weekend. They have a family trip to Spain planned for the following year and I want to start seeing the big National Parks.

Our main mission in life is to travel more. We have killed most of our debt and daughter graduates college this Spring. We are firmly subscribed to the experiences over stuff approach to life now.
 
Looks like a number of trips will be in store for 2019 though only one is planned to be a true vacation.

Need to go see Dad a couple of times this year. He's got vascular dementia so I think I need to see him at least 2 times a year until he forgets who I am :cry:
Will likely be going up to Wash state a few times since we are looking for a second place up there to be close to my wife's P's to help them out as they get older
My nephew is doing a destination wedding in Mexico in Nov
I plan to go to France and visit Normandy, Vimy Ridge and Paris to celebrate 6 decades on this rock...never expected that outcome. Planning the trip looks to be fairly involved though so I'm not sure exactly how it will come together.
 
We have a 3 year old and a 3 month old, so vacation options are pretty limited right now. Looking at renting a house and a boat for a week up in the finger lakes in August. It has to be a drive-able destination since flying is kinda out for us right now.
 
With first kid in college and still trying to scramble to make up income from my change in jibs last year...no vacations in sight
 
Hopefully this year I won’t have to burn all of my vacation time early in the year like last year, since I don’t anticipate any family members doing something stupid :annoyed:.

Probably gonna take a week to hang out at home; the rest of the time we hope to take a few long weekends, and maybe catch some shows out of town.
 
I'm spending 4 days at the Rolex 24 coming up here in 2 weeks. Other than that, might do a few days in a cabin in Boone, NC staring at trees by a fire.
I really need to get away this year but work is out of control. We just got bought out so my future is undetermined.
I'm dying to get to Japan but that is already planned for my oldest son's 16th birthday...in 3 years. 2 years after that we are going to Europe. Hoping to do England, Ireland, Germany, Italy.
Then we might save up and try to hit India.
so 2019, not really much that I can foresee.
 
This should be a go west year for us. Tentative plans are a run out 94 to Seattle then back on 90. Plan on seeing Glacier (while there's still ice), Yellowstone, Wall Drug, Rushmore, and anything interesting I haven't heard of or can't remember. Should be another 4-5000 mile charge across country.
 
This should be a go west year for us. Tentative plans are a run out 94 to Seattle then back on 90. Plan on seeing Glacier (while there's still ice), Yellowstone, Wall Drug, Rushmore, and anything interesting I haven't heard of or can't remember. Should be another 4-5000 mile charge across country.

We did Yellowstone and Rushmore. Wall Drug did nothing for me. The badlands was not in our plans, we just came upon it. The badlands were badass. Not the absolute best part of the vacation but pretty great.
 
Back
Top