Those of you who are into the current bacon craze

Salmon jerky FTW!

Actually, I prefer almost any game meat (venison, elk, etc.) or salmon to beef for jerky.

The only beef jerky I could ever get excited about was the stuff they used to sell in convince stores. Maybe some of you remember the type, extremely void of moisture, completely flat/thin slab, always obnoxiously salty, tough as shit. I loved it. Haven't seen that kind in a long time though.

That was beef jerky to me. I don't like any of the packaged red-chunk types at all.

JOIN THE BACON BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR BACON WARRIORS WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!11!!

images

I like how, when a great food's level of quality and appreciation is upped in quick succession, it's suddenly "Bacon? It's good. I don't see what the big deal is" to bacon boycotts and all that nonsense.

I think a few years of bacon mania is a small price to pay for such a great food.

The only beef jerky I could ever get excited about was the stuff they used to sell in convince stores. Maybe some of you remember the type, extremely void of moisture, completely flat/thin slab, always obnoxiously salty, tough as shit. I loved it. Haven't seen that kind in a long time though.

That was beef jerky to me. I don't like any of the packaged red-chunk types at all.

Happen to know where the Orangevale Meat Shoppe used to be? The mini mart next door has the jerky of which you speak :lol:

I love some good beef jerky. I don't normally get it though. I used to take it on hiking trips but I have more or less retired from that stuff... :embarrassed:

The current "bacon craze" is just the internet catching up to how awesome bacon has always been.

Outside of those poor soles bound to outdated and outmoded religious dogma, when hasn't there been a bacon craze? Seriously, hasn't everyone always loved bacon?!?

If not, that explains a huge amount of mankind's problems.

To your specific question, I don't eat beef. I've been meaning to try turkey jerky for years and definitely want the hook up on some salmon jerky that bsman mentioned.

To your specific question, I don't eat beef. I've been meaning to try turkey jerky for years and definitely want the hook up on some salmon jerky that bsman mentioned.

Turkey jerky is great. We have a nearby Ostrich farm (yes, you read that right) that sells fresh Ostrich jerky... it's even better.

The jerk store called... they're running out of YOU!

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

Back