Dig it! The Perpetual Pedalboard of the Day Thread

8DFA5BAA-EE47-4FC3-B195-6DC84DCC992A.jpeg

We’ll see how this does.

The BC-1x was new in box for a stupid low price. I also received another DE7 today, also for a stupid low price. This one was made in Taiwan and of course TGP is convinced there’s a difference.

The ZOOM is now only running an octave.

View attachment 48889

We’ll see how this does.

The BC-1x was new in box for a stupid low price. I also received another DE7 today, also for a stupid low price. This one was made in Taiwan and of course TGP is convinced there’s a difference.

The ZOOM is now only running an octave.

Well there is a difference. One was built in Taiwan and one wasn't :grin:

Well there is a difference. One was built in Taiwan and one wasn't :grin:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25420005/

I still have my early Skreddy Echo, rare Ibanez Echo Machine, and pink Ibanez Delay/Echo. These pedals are similar in terms of providing beautiful ambient echo on the edge of feedback with controlled oscillation. I highly prefer the softer and more pleasing fading of the repeats of the MADE IN TAIWAN over the MADE IN CHINA Ibanez DE7.

I couldn't hear a difference at 10pm at apartment levels.

Rebuilding the one-stop-shop board.... Put it all together and wired it temporarily. There's a hisss... Not a bad one.. but not a quiet as Guitar>Amp.

It has to be a patch cable. I've got to create some custom lengths and waiting on the cable to come in...

upload_2019-7-3_9-36-0.png

I'll spend the weekend building a new flatboard. Then we will reassemble and retest! Huzzah

Edit - Signal Chain!

Super Hornet > Woolly Mammoth Clone > Qtron > VP Jr > Compressor Pro > Steel String Singer Clone > Centura > TS9 > KoT Clone > Nemesis (with Exp Pedal) > Big Sky

Last edited:
Here’s my latest iteration. Signal path is: tuner>comp>filter>Atomic Brain preamp side of the Mystery Brain then out a loop > Detroit Casket Drive>SFT>buffer>Delay side of the Mystery Brain>amp.
I use it mainly with my Gretschs into the Carr Rambler, which has gorgeous onboard tremolo and reverb. The optical comp is just to tame my spiky right hand at bit. The little Maleko filter is just for when I need it to play Dead stuff, or rarely funk. The Detroit Casket Fluid Drive is the newest bit. Am really liking it esp. with Filtertrons and the Brain. Its as "transparent" a drive pedal as I've tried, not really a discernible frequency hump in it, seems to act nicely at any eq setting. Lots of nice tones in it. The SFT gets me the Stones thing, or stacks nicely with the Det. Casket for any extra distorted mayhem I care to achieve. The delay is just a nice sounding one, analog with some digital components (I think) with a modulation switch that adds sweetener.
fullsizeoutput_1161.jpeg

Last edited:
ok - here's the new layout.

I picked up two of these on Amazon. Quick review. Case is poopy. Velcro is poopy. Has a mount for *most* power supplies.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 12.02.35 PM.png

Then this happened.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 12.04.03 PM.png

Chain goes from right to left.

Guitar > Super Hornet > Qtron > Compressor > Volume Pedal > Katana (until I finish a buffer) > Haunting Mids > Steel String Singer Clone > TS9/808 > Centura > BD-7 > Bluesbreaker > Distortion 3 (Thanks @Help!I'maRock!) > Nemesis > Big Sky > Stereo Out

Tone Board (Right) - Powered by Pedal Power 2
Drive/Mod (Left) - Power Voodoo Lab Digital

I'll work up the power and signal cables this evening hopefully.

Then I learn how to play guitar.

Back