So who else is still using their AC in their car on a daily basis?

no problem, I don't mind. Usually it's always the blend door (or temperature door...pepsi/coke) motor but could also be a broken blend door, electrical or the head unit/hvac module i.e. thingy in the dash with the knobs.... most likely the motor though because that's almost always the problem (they just stop working or the gears strip although usually a ticking noise is heard...
.you have a temp motor , the mode motor for face;floor'defrost and then the recirculation one. The temperature door one is located on the drivers side up and to the right of the gas pedal. Either turn the knob yourself and watch it to see if it's moving or have someone turn the knob while you watch. You'll prtobably have to contort yourself to see it but perhaps not...also might havce an air duct or something partly obscuring it. I've never done one on a Colorado but it should be the same as the full size and cars. The second most likely cause would be broken temp door.
Can it be fixed with pancakes like the head gasket on Green Acres? Ha ha.
Thanks for the input. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

20211201_194612.jpg
20211201_194830.jpg

Central Florida. Heat in the morning, AC in the afternoon. We have been waking up to 49 and coming home from work at about 75 but the sun roasting the car necessitates cooling it off when I first get in.

Back