So who else is still using their AC in their car on a daily basis?

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I'm sick of this shit....fuck it in the face :mad:

It seems like a broken record over the last few years here...Hottest summer in history, most 100 degree days, driest monsoon followed by wettest monsoon and now we had the third warmest November on the books, tied qith 2012 and the hottest was 1894...

So we were 7 degrees above average daytime and 3 overnight for the month. QWe had a record breaking 28 days in November of 80 degrees or more...4 more than Phoenix. It's currently 79 (Phoenix is 75). I don't know wtf is going on b ut it suck. Our normal is about 71 and 47 this time of year and many times we've already hit upper 30's or regularly in mid 40's right now.
Everyday at noon and on the way home I run the ac. I was sweating at 10:embarrassed:0 am this morning in the sun :mad:

be thankful if you have cold snow cuz on paper 80, 82 sounds great but it's total suck ass when you hit 96 in the 2nd week of April and agin like October 12 :mad:

I'd like to have that problem.

We haven't seen winter weather too bad yet this year, but I really hate the cold...except for the kind that comes from an air conditioner. :theyareontome:

I maybe use the AC in my car like 4-5 times a year, and definitely not in November/December. It was literally snowing here this morning.

No AC needed here until probably late May, though we did break 70 degrees last week. Not normal in late November.

Tomorrow we tie the all time record for the latest first measurable snowfall - and no cold weather for at least the rest of the week. Stupid warm here.

Most vehicles now are designed to have AC come on if you have the front defog/defrost on. If your car doesn't do that, it is a good idea to run it a bit once a month so that it doesn't suffer mechanically.

I'd like to have that problem.

We haven't seen winter weather too bad yet this year, but I really hate the cold...except for the kind that comes from an air conditioner. :theyareontome:

I’m guessing you have daytime averages in the mid thirty’s for most of the winter…. Now imagine if your summers were only 20 degrees warmer

That’s what we’re looking at right now….our 80 is probably a hot day for you in the summer.

Be glad you have change of seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No AC needed here until probably late May, though we did break 70 degrees last week. Not normal in late November.

Tomorrow we tie the all time record for the latest first measurable snowfall - and no cold weather for at least the rest of the week. Stupid warm here.

I think the whole southwest and lower Rockies are supposed to be warmer and drier this year

jim-carrey-ace-ventura.gif

I think the whole southwest and lower Rockies are supposed to be warmer and drier this year

I haven't needed the AC here in So. Cal lately. It's been nice.
I haven't used my heater in a while either. This made me think of you. My 2018 Chevy Colorado has been blowing out cold air when I turn on the heater. Any ideas as to what could need fixing? I haven't looked into it yet.

P.s., I know this isn't the free mechanical advice from DdBob thread. However, did think to myself " I bet DdBob would know what that fuck is wrong".

Last edited:
I almost never use the AC. I haven't rolled the widows down all the way for a while now.

I haven't needed the AC here in So. Cal lately. It's been nice.
I haven't used my heater in a while either. This made me think of you. My 2018 Chevy Colorado has been blowing out cold air when I turn on the heater. Any ideas as to what could need fixing? I haven't looked into it yet.

P.s., I know this isn't the free mechanical advice from DdBob thread. However, did think to myself " I bet DdBob would know what that fuck is wrong".
no problem, I don't mind. Usually it's always the blend door (or temperature door...pepsi/coke) motor but could also be a broken blend door, electrical or the head unit/hvac module i.e. thingy in the dash with the knobs.... most likely the motor though because that's almost always the problem (they just stop working or the gears strip although usually a ticking noise is heard...
.you have a temp motor , the mode motor for face;floor'defrost and then the recirculation one. The temperature door one is located on the drivers side up and to the right of the gas pedal. Either turn the knob yourself and watch it to see if it's moving or have someone turn the knob while you watch. You'll prtobably have to contort yourself to see it but perhaps not...also might havce an air duct or something partly obscuring it. I've never done one on a Colorado but it should be the same as the full size and cars. The second most likely cause would be broken temp door.

Back