so....when did yoga pants become "leggings" :confused:

Also, to answer the question at the root of this thread, yoga pants are often thicker and more structured than leggings—they tend to be made from fabric that wicks sweat and generally supports working out type activities.

Leggings are thinner, less structured, and built for casual wear. Typically opaque and form fitting—stretchy but not reinforced for workouts.

Tights are thinner and not as opaque as leggings...most often worn under a skirt or dress. Not a substitute for pants and more in the “stocking” family.

Whenever some element of fashion perplexes you, think how a civilian might be unable to discern between Jazzmaster and a Jaguar. Other people’s interests are just as particularized and jargon rich as yours!

Also, to answer the question at the root of this thread, yoga pants are often thicker and more structured than leggings—they tend to be made from fabric that wicks sweat and generally supports working out type activities.

Leggings are thinner, less structured, and built for casual wear. Typically opaque and form fitting—stretchy but not reinforced for workouts.

Tights are thinner and not as opaque as leggings...most often worn under a skirt or dress. Not a substitute for pants and more in the “stocking” family.

Whenever some element of fashion perplexes you, think how a civilian might be unable to discern between Jazzmaster and a Jaguar. Other people’s interests are just as particularized and jargon rich as yours!

in the 1990's I believe they were reffered to as "spandex"

As a husband and Dad of 2 daughters I can tell you they went from Yoga Pants to Leggings when they went from $20 a pair to $50... and LuLu Lemon Yoga Pants went to $90... because "they're NOT just leggings."

in the 1990's I believe they were reffered to as "spandex"
Spandex in the '80s too.

And Big Hair:

stryper-then.jpg

As reported earlier....
a719ccfc12a66bcfef2dc897d9074cda.jpg

Then there's those women that actually wear them for yoga.
7cd4cce4ad17e7df602093fcbebe6b30.jpg

And there is no way in hell I am gonna look for a pic of a large woman in yoga pants... for two reasons.
First, you cannot unsee that shit. And secondly, I do not want the hordes of Weindom calling for my head on a silver plate after posting said atrocity.

My wife and I have 2 categories for women in yoga pants, hot & bitch don’t do yoga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. The name and prices change but the item is the same.
Actually Yoga pants are looser fitting than leggings. Leggings are tights. Yoga pants, are looser than leggings while still being very elastic. Yoga pants tend to be looser around the calves ankles.

nononsense-yoga-pant.jpg

Yoga Pants

7145eJgGrOL._UY550_.jpg

Leggings

Back