So apprently we've had our Google advertising account suspended.

Yeah, there's that. It's just that I'm (perhaps surprisingly to some) VERY anti-social irl. This place is literally my only real social outlet and I've come to enjoy it very much. I count more people here among my friends than people I actually know irl. I'm bad at social stuff, but I feel comfortable here.

:shrug:

Well i feel extra privileged that we've met in person for wings. :baimun:
 
Well i feel extra privileged that we've met in person for wings. :baimun:

:grin: and would again, anytime! :)

That's the other weird thing, as uncomfortable as I feel in public with folks I don't know, I'm down to meet and hang out with anyone from the forum. There's a commonality that we all have that makes conversation easy, versus trying to find a commonality with someone I've never known or talked to.
 
I have really enjoyed meeting folks from here. I met 12-Pack, Jax'n Slim, Modern Saint and Jelloman. All were great folks to hang out with. I even got to play an open mic with Jax'n.
 
Yeah, I've met Tony, Bob411, monkeyZero and Deep Eddy. All great guys, I hope my end of the various conversations were less awkward than I imagined them to be :embarrassed:
 
I wonder if it's got anything to do with the "ways you can support the forum" thread. Google are pretty strict about any "invitation" to click on their links to support a site, no matter how innocently it's worded. I know I'm terrified to even mention it on my blog (which is probably why I'm lucky to earn $10 a month [from 26,000 page views]).
 
I wonder if it's got anything to do with the "ways you can support the forum" thread. Google are pretty strict about any "invitation" to click on their links to support a site, no matter how innocently it's worded. I know I'm terrified to even mention it on my blog (which is probably why I'm lucky to earn $10 a month [from 26,000 page views]).
That might be it. I had though it was worded within their guidelines but who knows?
 
This is from the AdSense Terms & Conditions (not sure if you're using AdSense or something else, although they probably have similar T&C for other Google-related programs) [my bolding]:
Encouraging clicks
Publishers may not ask others to click their ads or use deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks. This includes, but is not limited to, offering compensation to users for viewing ads or performing searches, promising to raise money for third parties for such behavior or placing images next to individual ads.
In order to ensure a good experience for users and advertisers, publishers participating in the AdSense program may not:
  • Compensate users for viewing ads or performing searches, or promise compensation to a third party for such behavior.
  • Encourage users to click the Google ads using phrases such as "click the ads", "support us", "visit these links" or other similar language.
  • Direct user attention to the ads using arrows or other graphical gimmicks.
  • Place misleading images alongside individual ads.
  • Place ads in a floating box script.
  • Format ads so that they become indistinguishable from other content on that page.
  • Format site content so that it is difficult to distinguish it from ads.
  • Place misleading labels above Google ad units. For instance, ads may be labelled "Sponsored Links" or "Advertisements", but not "Favourite Sites" or "Today's Top Offers".

That's from here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/48182?hl=en

Of course that might not actually be the reason the advertising got pulled. It's really shitty that they won't say why they did it.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I've met Tony, Bob411, monkeyZero and Deep Eddy. All great guys, I hope my end of the various conversations were less awkward than I imagined them to be :embarrassed:

If I was more "normal", I would be a better judge of how well you did. :grin:
 
kent_brockman.jpg


i, for one, welcome our new Google overlords.
 
Back
Top