SM57 in my local pawnshop... should I go ahead and buy it?

I've had mine since dirt was invented. It's the Telecaster of microphones. You literally have to run them over with your car to put one out of commission.
 
When I was a senoir in High School, We had a catwalk above our stage to set-up lights and drop down over head mics etc and saw a buddy of mine drop a SM57 about 30ft and it lived without issue! He was so scared he was shaking because he thought it was going to be AFU, I was laughing like hell as he was kind of a know it all I had already tried to kill plenty of SM57's and SM58's as I had been in a band for 4 years by then. I still have two mics that I bought new in 1979 and they work great. I have a Kustom mic that was built in 1970 it works perfectly and is mint (it is really a Shure mic with Kustom labeling on it). I used it before I could get my hands on a SM57 and 58
 
Back
Top