Restoring a cheap Strat, opinions required

With a tort pickguard I think you can paint it any color you like and it will look good.
I'm gonna have to disagree. Of all the pics you posted I only like the cream and the natural. The blues and black look just awful (IMO). But that's me.

Here's my project in progress. Burgundy Mist and Tort. I like!

eY1tQ11h.jpg
I so totally dig that!

The body won't support a natural finish, unfortunately.

Still liking the classic aged GM oly white.

Side question. Can you spray tinted nitro over auto rattlecan paint?

Also, anyone know of a good place to pick up used Squire necks? Mine slammed the floor years ago and there are a number of dinged frets. Not worth refretting or trying to file those little frets down. Checked on reverb, and assholes are asking over $100 for bullet necks! WTF? fuck stratosphere.
I hear you. I'm looking for a loaded pick guard for a strat copy and I could buy a guitar and take it off of that cheaper than buying one on reverb.

Why is it awful?

It was just a poke at MonkeyZero. His post was one of the last I read before posting mine. Added a smilie to try to express it didn't really bother me. God knows there are thing I just can't take.

I'm gonna have to disagree. Of all the pics you posted I only like the cream and the natural. The blues and black look just awful (IMO). But that's me.

The body won't support a natural finish, unfortunately.

Still liking the classic aged GM oly white.

Side question. Can you spray tinted nitro over auto rattlecan paint?

You would have to test it on scrap. Often it works, but the combinations of paints are just to vast for a general yes or no.

I would just pick a color that is slightly yellowed and clear over it. Leo's Olympic White was acrylic and, as a practice, Fender didn't clear coat over Olympic White because they didn't want it to yellow.

It was just a poke at MonkeyZero. His post was one of the last I read before posting mine. Added a smilie to try to express it didn't really bother me. God knows there are thing I just can't take.

Like I said, it's my personal taste. I didn't say I had good taste. :bigg:

I hear you. I'm looking for a loaded pick guard for a strat copy and I could buy a guitar and take it off of that cheaper than buying one on reverb.
Yeah, I'm seeing Bullet necks going for more than a new bullet. It's fucking stupid. I blame Stratosphere.

If enough of us look for the right parts, we can part one out and save a ton of $

Back