OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiltsta

Show me your frittatas
Staff member
The other political thread was getting full. I called the pump truck guy to come drain out the tank and inspect the leach field.

Please enjoy this new MKIII version of the political thread.

i'll just leave this here.

Homeland Security to compile database of journalists, media influencers
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/homela...g-services-for-journalists-media-influencers/

The Department of Homeland Security posted a contract request this week for "Media Monitoring Services," which will compile a database of hundreds of thousands of journalists, bloggers and "media influencers" for the federal government. After an outcry on social media, a Department of Homeland Security spokesman tweeted "this is nothing more than the standard practice of monitoring current events in the media."

Reactions: Tig
i'll just leave this here.

Homeland Security to compile database of journalists, media influencers
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/homela...g-services-for-journalists-media-influencers/

The Department of Homeland Security posted a contract request this week for "Media Monitoring Services," which will compile a database of hundreds of thousands of journalists, bloggers and "media influencers" for the federal government. After an outcry on social media, a Department of Homeland Security spokesman tweeted "this is nothing more than the standard practice of monitoring current events in the media."
I just cannot believe we are talking about this shit in this country. That is all.

I still like the part where everyone tries to explain to Trump how the Post Office really works, and he just refuses to believe them because he hates Bezos and Amazon. It's like someone created a caricature of the worst, dumbest, most ego-bound and aggressively incompetent "unfireable relative of the owner" type middle manager, and then made him President of the United States. :facepalm: Oh, I can't even imagine the self-loathing that the members of his staff who are actually sentient must experience on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Yeah, he really is an idiot. If you look up the original article on the post office story it is hilarious. The powerpoints that were prepared to try to teach him about the post office and Amazon sound hilarious; showing Amazon's tax rate and what taxes they collected where they were required to do so based on their warehouse locations, how the post office struggles as letter writing isn't a thing anymore and direct mail marketing has gone to the internet, and the fact that the postal service doesn't draw money from the taxpayers as it is a federally mandated but not tax supported entity, how the big budget crisis at the post office is retirement benefits, how Amazon pays a bulk rate that was negotiated with the post office and it isn't different from other commercial suppliers. The president apparently ignores all of this as it doesn't fit his narrative and perceptions...and hate of Bezos. Same kind of thing is true with the border issues, and probably every fucking issue.

Texas has sent 250 National Guard members to the border at the order of the President. The Texas-Mexico border is 1254 miles long, so that is like one soldier per 5 linear miles of the border, if they are distributed as evenly as possible.

The best part about working in downtown Chicago for a week.... I have been able to flip off the big "TRUMP" on the side of shithead cheetoh tower once or twice a day. :grin:

29790232_10212141159672745_2888727993209847808_o.jpg

The best part about working in downtown Chicago for a week.... I have been able to flip off the big "TRUMP" on the side of shithead cheetoh tower once or twice a day. :grin:

29790232_10212141159672745_2888727993209847808_o.jpg
Wash you hands, young man! :poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back