WTF: Oh FFS (Nirvana Nevermind baby lawsuit)

most likely ...yep I'm sure tyhe fame got him some , etc and now he's around the age where a home and a nicer car, etc look good or perhaps he's had enough of the daily grind and he sees his friends doing remote work and he cant so he figure LAWSUIT ....cha ching!

I guess I should open/read other threads, since pmc100 already posted about this!

Mods can fold this one into the other thread, or delete this one

Even in the early 90’s, I am sure there was some paperwork, and I am sure the parent(s) signed it. Not my area, but doesn’t seem like a strong suit. But perhaps the suits will want to just settle for nuisance value, which in a high profile case, which I suppose this COULD be (or it might be a “who cares” thing after a week or so) might include enough money to pay at least for some counseling, recognizing the group’s comments regarding encouraging such lawsuits.

I am not, nor have I ever been, a big firm or corporate type lawyer, and I have no idea how the suits make these decisions.

Well, I just took a minute to see if the folks signed anything. BBC’s information is no. If that is correct, and it went down like the parents say, perhaps they do owe the kid some money. Whether or not he promoted himself with the notoriety a few years ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-58327844
Which is fair, he is due money.

But suing the band rather than Geffen for anything less than a couple million is the wrong way to go about it. Album art back then would have been handled by the label and the label made all the real money on the album, so I think he's barking up the wrong tree for too little.

Back