National Hockey League 2018-2019

Binnington getting in the news for looottttttsa racist tweets.

Delighted to see the Penguins lose. Lightning gonna be uptight.
 
Lots of iron hit last night - there will be good, competitive hockey in all of those series (don't let the Sharks score fool you ... oh, never mind, I'm talking to Sharks fans).

Tampa is going to be gnashing their teeth to get back on the ice. What a way to lose.
 
Lots of surprises last night, more tonight I'm sure only 2 home teams winning last night. Columbus surprised everyone including Tampa. I wonder if they found something (all 4 goals were high stick side) :shrug: Still I think Tampa played a regular season game in the playoffs...not smart, they got a quick lead and took their foot off the gas.

The Sharks did not. It will still be a tough series, lots of dislike on both sides and that's just after 1 game. Sharks were dominate for a large part of the game, holding a 30-15 shot advantage until almost midway through the 3rd. Vegas pushed hard to make up the lost ground and a couple of penalties help but too little too late. I think game 2 will be much closer. Some thought Fluery was bad but 3 or 4 of the goals were almost unstoppable so I don't see that should be a concern for Vegas.

None of these series are anywhere near over, but they all show the degree of parity in the league.
 
Bruins should go home and kill themselves. Losing Game 1 at home is bad enough, but to be outhit, outskated, outhustled is a fucking insult to each and every fan.

Off bandwagon.
 
Bruins should go home and kill themselves. Losing Game 1 at home is bad enough, but to be outhit, outskated, outhustled is a fucking insult to each and every fan.

Off bandwagon.

Well, the hardest working 175 pounds in hockey really showed his stuff.

I still don't think the Leafs can win the series and I wouldn't be surprised if Boston took it in 6. Ok...even 5 wouldn't surprise me too much.
 
Seldom have I felt so sure that a team should be abandoned so quickly in a series - I can't see the Bruins winning a three-legged race at the county fair against a pile of octogenarian drunks, let alone a professional hockey team.

- Played worst game in three months at home playoff opener

- Sporting lots of new haircuts! (read: distracted)

- Normally stern coach giddy during p1 interview (inexperienced)

That's really, really bad.
 
Seldom have I felt so sure that a team should be abandoned so quickly in a series - I can't see the Bruins winning a three-legged race at the county fair against a pile of octogenarian drunks, let alone a professional hockey team.

- Played worst game in three months at home playoff opener

- Sporting lots of new haircuts! (read: distracted)

- Normally stern coach giddy during p1 interview (inexperienced)

That's really, really bad.

After only 1 game is a bit harsh. I didn't watch the whole game but they actually looked to be the better team in the 2nd when I was able to watch. Anderson had to, and did play well. I thought Rask made a poor play on the 3rd goal but there is a lot of hockey still to go. They have a lot of veteran guys who know what it takes to win it all so I won't count them out though I do think it's pretty important to win the 2nd game. Losing 2 at home isn't a good idea.
 
There are a lot of things you can overcome in hockey - lack of heart is not one. As a Bruins fan over 50, I've seen tons of unpleasant losses (at least this wasnt' the Canadiens ....) but you can always root for a team that grinds and persists.

I saw Bruins avoid contact in the neutral zone. I saw Bruins give up on 50/50 pucks. I saw Bruins choose to not block shots taken from the slot.

You do that and not only do you lose, but you make your fans question their devotion.

**************

In more cheerful news, the world's most garbage franchise the Shitsburgh Penguins decided to take 20-30 cheap shots after the final whistle tonight -- you can especially enjoy Sidney "WHAAAAAAAAAAAA! HE TOUCHED ME! DOUBLE MINOR" Crosby become the third player in a clinch and rip off the opponent's helmet.

Of course, this is the same franchise whose beat writers voted Matt Cooke Sportsman of the Year eight weeks after he ended Savard's career (and his normal life) with a shot so cheap that he was ostracized from hockey.

Stay classy, Shitsburgh.
 
I'd still wait a game or 2 more Dan. After all look what happened to the Sharks last night...first game great, second game looked like the end of the regular season...turnovers, poor goalkeeping and a missed opportunity. I'm not down on them yet but I do think they need to win or at least have a strong game in game 3 (if Fluery plays out of his mind and they lose 2-1 I don't necessarily see that as a big negative). If they have another game where Jones is giving up 3 goals in 7 shots they have a BIG problem.

Speaking of Big problems, Tampa has one right now. I know Columbus blew a 2 game lead last year but they are deeper than last year and the way they are playing they are stifling the Bolts attack. Winnipeg also has a big problem, though I thought they played well but they are running against a very hot goaltender.
 
Back
Top