Question: name a popular song (past or present) that you would never, ever cover.

Peeker

jerkass
well?

to be honest, I'd take a stab at damn near anything.
if it's a tune I don't like, I'll just wreck it some, and maybe like it more that way...

I think the only thing that would prevent me from doing any particular song would be the inability to actually play it.

I don't think I shold name a tune, cuz I'd probably end up recording it a week later.

but howzaboot you folks?

where do ya draw the line?

doesn't have to be popular, I guess, but I thought this might work better if others knew the songs, y'know?

Anything by Nirvana or Pearl Jam.
It's hard to play and sing while you're puking.

Hmm, probably there are many I would avoid. "When I Need You" by Leo Sayer would be one.

I would cover most of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and U2. Probably not some hokey old folk like "If I Had a Hammer". Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of folk that is just fine. But some not so much.

But re-doing a song might make it ok. Like Peeker does. I don't think I could do the Leo Sayer one though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, probably there are many I would avoid. "When I Need You" by Leo Sayer would be one.

Yeah, but you know you'd bust out "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" if given the chance, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back