My glasses keep fogging up

Hope you are doing ok, down there. I have other friends/acquaintances in that general area (considered largely, from up near Chico, in Auburn, in Sac itself, and out west of Sac), and I hope they all are doing ok. I do not like at all, this new abnormal.

Daaaaaayuuuum! Between the smoke and all the dirt/dust/crud being kicked up by the hurricane force wind gusts, visibility down here is minimal at best. It's gritty and gross. I wouldn't know if a fire were right on top of us at this point. None nearby that I know of, but that's likely to change.

It's a bad day to breathe.

It was clear in San Gabriel valley yesterday so I finally got to ride my bike. We were locked up inside on sat and sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah welcome to California. At least I'm still in shorts. I don't worry about the smoke as much as the media would let others(my wife) believe. Down near the fire I would more because it would be an irritant but I'm not sensitive. I used to smoke more that what the fires are giving our area (generally the unhealthy rating). The media makes it sound like if you walk outside you might just drop dead on the spot.

Sunday wasn't too bad so I rode a long ride and I still am doing my ride to the gym so long as it remains below 200 on the Air quality index. Sadly as SVL says this is the new abnormal. I'm so used to the conditions that fires bring that I don't need to see the news to know that there is a local fire, I can tell by looking at the sky :(

last couple of days it's gotten pretty bad here though not nearly as bad as up near Sacramento. Air quality has run in the unhealthy range for 2 full days and isn't supposed to be much better for another couple of days at least. I hope the conditions improve so the firefighters can get a stranglehold on the fire sooner than they forecast. There are a lot of folks wearing surgical masks which are completely useless (like the article above says just a false sense of security). I generally trust my body to tell me if it doesn't like things and today I didn't ride to gym because it told me it wasn't a good idea. While I think still it is similar to smoking 1/2 a pack a day, I don't smoke anymore and it's all the time no respite at all. I really need to do some yard work tomorrow so I hope it improves otherwise it will have to wait.

Smoke has made its way up into PDX and noticeably reducing visibility & air quality

Back