Let's Have a Funny Pic Thread! Mk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedal steel is becoming a lost art. I'd love to get one, but I'm pretty sure it'd get the better of me.

Some of those things are so complicated it's actually close to rocket science.
Saw a video recently where the pedal steel had something like 8 different levers - and some of them had dual functions/positions.

I'd need about 15 years to become somewhat decent on it. :embarrassed:

Would be rather fun to try out some Gilmour-style lapsteel though. And that looks a bit more sensible...:wink:

19366257_1410830125649018_5188021598655269176_n.jpg

Pedal steel is becoming a lost art. I'd love to get one, but I'm pretty sure it'd get the better of me.

I love pedal steel, but yeah, looks way too hard. JHS’ latest vlog was with a pedal steel player and the pedals he uses. Not just your typical pedal steel licks here.

Some of those things are so complicated it's actually close to rocket science.
Saw a video recently where the pedal steel had something like 8 different levers - and some of them had dual functions/positions.

I'd need about 15 years to become somewhat decent on it. :embarrassed:

Would be rather fun to try out some Gilmour-style lapsteel though. And that looks a bit more sensible...:wink:

https://rvrb.io/lapsteel-pomona-6-104

I really want one of these, but haven't been able to justify the expense. With the built in capo and palm levers you can get a lot of pedal steel sounds without taking 15 years to get it presentable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back