Let's Have a Funny Pic Thread! Mk X

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny-pictures-61.jpg

:spit:

Achtung Tiltsta!

That is about right these days in science . Most people I know are just happy to keep their labs open and operational. I spend 80% of my time writing grant applications that are directed to a fundamentally broken system. The government really messed up science, and we have lost our place as a world leader in many areas.

That is about right these days in science . Most people I know are just happy to keep their labs open and operational. I spend 80% of my time writing grant applications that are directed to a fundamentally broken system. The government really messed up science, and we have lost our place as a world leader in many areas.

I first saw this close up during my 14 years at EPRI (Electric Power Research Institute) and then at Stanford. Congress has used NIH and NSF funding as a political football for years, and just as bad -- every change in administration brings a different set of research priorities to those along with DOE and other funding agencies. Basic science has become unfashionable because of its tenuous connection to marketable, commercially feasible technology, and it's a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back