Let's Have a Funny Pic Thread! Mk 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1632447880431.jpg

Peter Jackson failed to include the character, which was a bit of a disappointment to me. It is an important and interesting counterpoint to men, elves, and even maiar that are consumed to varying degrees by the ring; Having someone like Bombadil that has been in the world from before everything, and seems to not care about the ring, or the struggles of others over the power the ring. Tolkein's painting of him as a whimsical singing character, seeming unconcerned with anything but the most basics of the nature of the world, is really interesting an intentional in showing that there are higher beings that exist that see the world as an object of beauty, but only an object and not really a place where the people in it matter at all. It is one of the cool mysteries of the whole series. Who is he? He is incapable of providing an answer, beyond that he simply is, perhaps representing the only answer some hobbits could understand. His wife as well just says he is. Is he the creator? An embodiment of a part of that being, or a representation of the original energy of creation? Some crazy old stoner? A madman? I guess most people wouldn't care enough about the books to really find Bombadil interesting, and more Orc killing sells movie tickets, so Jackson is probably right to make the movies he did. Anyway, I think he should have been in the film, just for my own nerd satisfaction. NERD MODE OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back