Lemon 'Shandy' beers…Yea or Nay?

When it's a zillion degrees out, this stuff is fantastic:

hell-or-high-watermelon-pack.jpg
 
Living in Germany, they are quite big on beer, you may have heard.

They call it Radler or Alster here and there are many varieties. On a hot summers day though a nice Radler goes down a treat.

Some people also mix beer with cola. You can also get this (hefeweizen) with a dash of banana juice in most places.

20100722hefeweizstory.jpg
 
I love how Leinies is now a beer people drink by choice. I remember a time when you drank Leinies because it was all you could afford. They made one beer, bad. It was however only $.35 a quart. I remember one time I broke my hand at work and was on workman's comp. I had some seriously under-employed friends. I'd head over to their house, pick-up a couple of quarts on the way. During the day we'd run over to the corner grocery and pick-up a few more. You could drink that shit from 10 in the morning until 10 at night and still be functional. But you never drank it if you could afford better.
 
Back
Top