JustStrings.com vs. StringsAndBeyond.com...

Which is the better choice?

• StringsAndBeyond.com

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don’t trust that I’m getting genuine products from Amazon. The Chinese are even counterfeiting strings now. It’s crazy.
I know...I have 3 Champion hoodies, 1 that came from my job and 2 from Amazon...the 2 from Amazon are CLEARLY forgeries when compared to the real one, but surprisingly enough are holding up...

Well, I think a lot of that is easily avoidable by avoiding certain vendors.

OTOH, thank God for my $20 Chinese cycling jerseys. Just a great deal.

I don’t trust that I’m getting genuine products from Amazon. The Chinese are even counterfeiting strings now. It’s crazy.

It's pretty amazing how pervasive it has become. There's people on some other forums unknowingly buying counterfeit RAM mounts that are just falling apart when they go to use them.

I used Just Strings until Guitar Center came out with their string card. I look forward to new strings every month. I have strings stockpiled.

So, I have about 50-100 sets of strings in a box - just accumulated over time.

I thought most people have this?

So, I have about 50-100 sets of strings in a box - just accumulated over time.

I thought most people have this?
No, but I have bought bulk sets when they've been on sale in the past. Something like 15 identical sets for a discounted price. I'm lazy and don't change strings as often as I should, but I've noticed some definite oxidization on the last set or two from just sitting in the basement for a year or so.

No, but I have bought bulk sets when they've been on sale in the past. Something like 15 identical sets for a discounted price. I'm lazy and don't change strings as often as I should, but I've noticed some definite oxidization on the last set or two from just sitting in the basement for a year or so.

Here in the West, that isn't a problem. I remember back in the late 80s/early 90s I bought a Squier II strat from GC on a one of those green-tag deals (don't recall the price, but at that point in my life I couldn't have afforded anything much more than $100) that came with a dozen sets of fender bullets or super bullets .010. Weirdly, I ended up having one set never get used, and within the past year or two was surprised that they were as shiny and bright as the day they were made, and put them on a guitar with no problems at all in terms of life.

The newer sets in the sealed packs last longer, but I try to keep a set no longer than a year or 2...

Back