Dig it! Incoming...

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm GASsing for at the mo. Looks extremely well made.

This is actually the second Kirn I've had. The first I got second-hand, but in a moment of weakness traded it off for a Martin. This one won't be leaving any time soon. Out of the box, I only had to tune the low E, A and G strings slightly -the rest had stayed in tune. The action is perfect. I spent an hour or so on it yesterday, mostly playing through a little Blackstar ID:Core Beam amp on clean and crunch settings. I am still figuring out what settings to use when on the four-way. Haven't even started with the volume and tone knobs yet.

I will say it plays very fast - more so than any of my other guitars save the PRS. The neck is what Ron calls "60s Classic C" - but it's more substantial than, say, a Gibson 60s neck. Hand-filling without being too 'baseball-batty' (my other Kirn had a "fatback" neck that got tiring to me after a while). The finish is "reticulated nitro" on the body with a hand-burnished finish on the neck. It weighs right at seven pounds. I will have to spend more time with her before I can give a comprehensive review (with sound samples), but so far, so good!

From most accounts, Ron builds amazing guitars and is very active on TDPRI so you can always get answers from him. If I were considering a custom Tele not made by myself, Ron would be my first thought.

Back