Dig it! Incoming VMEU!

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
Vintage? Multi-effects unit.

REVV ran through a few old multi-effects processors on the live stream this past Wednesday and the ART ECC stood out.
I like goofing around with stuff like this.
I found one on eBag and threw a joke bid on it and won.

82 bucks and change, including shipping, what the heck.
37D7AADC-3334-42E2-A337-AF02E785FAF2.jpeg
 
Enjoy!

My first amp ever was an ART. it was an absolute shitbox that immediately discouraged further guitar playing for years to come.

but maybe this thing is cool. :)

funny thing. So, at first the mail order place sent the wrong amp. A little Peavey tube amp with a blue velvet cover. Kinda like a Zinky. Anyway, it sounded so cool, and I got all the great feedback, but I sent it back because guitar player or some dumb ad said the ART was so great.

if I could tuuuuurn back time…
 
I owned an ART SGE II rack for a while when I was a young beginner. It wasn't particularly great sounding, but I found it a really useful tool for learning about different effects and how they work. Where it really stood out, as many of these do it's the '80s shimmering digital chorus and delay. Sounds I really can't replicate from my pedals. I am always temped to pick up an Intelliflex to fill that void.
 
Sometimes I'm tempted to pick up an old multi effect unit for kicks, but then I remember that even tho my old Zoom 505 had a couple of decent sounds I could use, it was a certified POS.
I do miss my old Rockman tho. The power supply crapped out and I lost it in a move somewhere along the way. I wish they weren't so expensive and collectable these days or I would replace it.
Im pretty sure I threw the old 505 in the trash after I got a couple of real pedals.
 
It has arrived!
It was filthy. Now I appreciate the for sale listings that say “PFSF’.

Not a huge deal. It cleaned rather easily with some general purpose cleaner and some disinfectant wipes.
The cord on the AC adapter took about 30 wipes, end to end, until the cloth stopped showing cigarette brown… yum.

It works though. I still have to figure out how to change settings but it seems to do all of the right things when I push buttons.
The one thing I have to verify is one of the LEDs on the stomp buttons seems to not work - or I don’t know how to make it work, but if that’s all that’s wrong, I can take a run at fixing that.

I ran through the settings accessed by the UP/DOWN stomps.
It actually does make some pretty good sounds.

5D37DAD7-0E3E-4F88-A0D3-66A94BD2A4F9.jpeg
 
I didn't know there was much of a market for those. I have really nice old Digitech unit I should sell (GNX3000). And it's actually clean....
 
Back
Top