Incoming - Fender Player Series P-Bass

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
I already have the fretless P and the Warmoth P, but I wanted to give this new series a try.

The fretless is a "til-I-die" bass. The Warmoth is great but it is lacking something. My friend Steve got a recent MIM PJ bass that I set up for him and I was really impressed with it. So I figured I'd give one of these a try. I found one on Sweetwater that's eight pounds even.

Who knows how long it will stick around but I am a sucker for a P bass.

0149802500_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

It is great. I’m really impressed, very little difference between this and my USA standard jazz in terms of fit and finish. It was set up really well out of the box, I just tweaked string height a little bit to my preference. I put some flat rounds on it and it sounds great. It makes a nice addition to my family of precision basses!

eece083516d6d6b1bc0cb9827bd95a51.jpg

Reactions: DFB
052acb0d31d3166c99f1eeedfa315870.jpg

Bass rig fit to knock down walls with.

I A/Bd this with the Warmoth I built and both have different characters due to the different pickups I guess. The Fender has a bit more oomph to it, a bit more kick to the stomach. The Warmoth has a smoother more refined sound if that makes sense.

But as far as feel goes, I’m afraid I can’t honestly say that the fender is that much worse, or worse at all, than the Warmoth. It is a truly impressive instrument for its price point.

Back