I'm not saying it's aliens, but...

interesting that they closed a nearby post office also.
perhaps there was a possible anthrax mailing. [idk]

Last edited:
There's a great Reddit thread on this, including a link to drone video from a few days ago showing the place is empty (e.g., not overrun by guys in hazmat suits or Men In Black).

Well, it's clearly more than just an observatory. There has to be some sort of off the books/black project stuff going on there to warrant a total evacuation followed by Feds in H-60s showing up.

More pedals than the Tour De France

Well, it's clearly more than just an observatory. There has to be some sort of off the books/black project stuff going on there to warrant a total evacuation followed by Feds in H-60s showing up.

th

Reactions: OGG
Interesting story developing there. I wonder what is going on. I read in the reddit thread that the facility has a great view of white sands, and perhaps someone has installed some monitoring equipment to spy on the military test facilities out there.

Last edited:
Interesting story developing there. I wonder what is going on. I read in the reddit thread that the facility has a great view of white sands, and perhaps someone has installed some monitoring equipment to spy on the military test facilities out there.
Having just been to White Sands AND Cloudcroft this past Thursday I can say with authority that the facility has a great view of White Sands in the same way that Griffith Observatory has a great view of Santa Monica.

Having just been to White Sands AND Cloudcroft this past Thursday I can say with authority that the facility has a great view of White Sands in the same way that Griffith Observatory has a great view of Santa Monica.
An astute observation sir.

It could also be a red herring used to clear the area for conducting special weapons or aircraft testing in secrecy.

The actual "security breach" could well be simply having potential witnesses within range of visual sight or those pesky smart phone cameras.

No one needs sightlines to spy on White Sands any more. Fuck, you can "spy" on it better with Google Earth.

Most bets are on a whoopsietope.

"AURA has been cooperating with an on-going law enforcement investigation of criminal activity that occurred at Sacramento Peak. During this time, we became concerned that a suspect in the investigation potentially posed a threat to the safety of local staff and residents. For this reason, AURA temporarily vacated the facility and ceased science activities at this location."

Full text: AURA Statement about the Status of the Sunspot Solar Observatory at Sacramento Peak, New Mexico

"AURA has been cooperating with an on-going law enforcement investigation of criminal activity that occurred at Sacramento Peak. During this time, we became concerned that a suspect in the investigation potentially posed a threat to the safety of local staff and residents. For this reason, AURA temporarily vacated the facility and ceased science activities at this location."

Full text: AURA Statement about the Status of the Sunspot Solar Observatory at Sacramento Peak, New Mexico

"Criminals" found the aliens and were eliminated.

Aliens.

:tinfoil:

Cover up. When the local Sheriff doesn't know about local criminal behavior, it's not local criminal behavior.

They think he left a bomb.

What I was saying is there are thousands of satellites watching everything - no one spies on White Sands with a telescope.

They think he left a bomb.

What I was saying is there are thousands of satellites watching everything - no one spies on White Sands with a telescope.
Satellites aren't real good at seeing through stuff like this...

efe963ef6ac9ea5d19a072d677cef185.jpg
6ca2a62840c12ecf4cc766b8285ae8c8.jpg

Cover up. When the local Sheriff doesn't know about local criminal behavior, it's not local criminal behavior.
Also, if there was suspicion of a bomb hidden in the facility, ATF would be the lead investigative agency, with a potential FBI tag along team. I have seen no mention of ATF being on scene at any point.

Smokescreen.

Back