I tried to take a pick
but didn't wanna be a dick

watched it roll
slow
down the road

today was the day
in May, if I can say
The station wagon I saw today

Ventilators help in the garage when the station wagon motor is running .
:poke:

Rick and Bob ^ you are both wrong....that is like calling a Banjo a guitar ....just because they both have strings and wood and tuners.
The Station wagon proper was a unique thing intended for families (A subaru is definitely not intended for families). It was replaced by the mini van and then the suv and now the crossover But the Wagon proper was a unique thing just Like a PT Cruiser is not a VW Bug.,

If a Nomad isn't available, this will get the job done.
1968 Chevrolet Caprice Estate Wagon. VIN 166358J222208. Original, numbers matching, 396ci big block V8 engine, Turbo 400 automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, cold factory air-conditioning.
59947762_461290487945012_4924842920181235712_n.jpg

59861884_461290497945011_6409571573484748800_o.jpg

59842535_461290667944994_8482325642392633344_o.jpg

59903077_461290777944983_2151761577160736768_o.jpg

What a beast. Points deducted for no rear-facing bench seat though. I guess those didn't come along until later.

Mom rocked a '79 Century for a while. It was the car I learned to drive in.

autowp.ru_buick_century_station_wagon_1.jpg

Rick and Bob ^ you are both wrong....that is like calling a Banjo a guitar ....just because they both have strings and wood and tuners.
The Station wagon proper was a unique thing intended for families (A subaru is definitely not intended for families). It was replaced by the mini van and then the suv and now the crossover But the Wagon proper was a unique thing just Like a PT Cruiser is not a VW Bug.,
Looked like a station wagon.

SUBARU-Legacy-Wagon-603_16.jpeg

Subarus are intended for the kind of families who consider their two dogs their "kids".

I have been eyeing the wagon-y Subarus lately.. :embarrassed:

I was considering getting an Outback. I need something that can pull a small trailer though and the Outback's biggest engine is right at the limit. I'd rather have something with a little power to spare. I want one of those little Airstream Basecamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks too sporty...too fancy pants....where is the wood? where is the roof luggae rack?
With the exception of Subaru and the Volvo , both of who've been making wagons for ages (not station though)...these new fangled vw, Audi, and the like "wagons" are just the new Crossover...they are a Hip status symbol for Dadcore types.

looks too sporty...too fancy pants....where is the wood? where is the roof luggae rack?
With the exception of Subaru and the Volvo , both of who've been making wagons for ages (not station though)...these new fangled vw, Audi, and the like "wagons" are just the new Crossover...they are a Hip status symbol for Dadcore types.
How about a Porsche 928 station wagon?

a347539b6e33c40bbc6f6cc64a23b5dd.jpg

From what I understand, they were originally built to be ambulances for the Le Mans 24-hour race. Porsche found, accidentally, that the longer roof-line actually increased the top speed by something like 3 mph.

So no wood, no luggage rack = not a station wagon,

Buick_Skylark_Sport_Wagon_1st_gen.jpg

Back