Hot or Not - Berumen CopperTop #1

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
[h=1]Berumen CopperTop #1[/h]
http://rebel-guitars.com/berumen-coppertop-1/

copper9-e1339628214170.jpg

Berumen FlatTop CopperTop

The idea of the FlatTop guitar is just the marriage of a single cutaway humbucker guitar with the control layout of a Strat. Seems simple enough. Controls are closer to the picking hand for easier volume swells and switching. Slightly chambered to give a bit of air to the notes while still retaining girth and fullness of tone.

This Berumen Coppertop has a slightly chambered African Mahogany body & neck, a Copper veneer over a Maple cap, Zircote fretboard, Bolivian Rosewood veneered headstock and neck heel, all bound in white and powered by a Wolfetone Legend humbucker wound slightly hotter.

• Model: Coppertop
  • Body: 2 Piece African Mahogany (Slightly Chambered)
  • Top: Copper Veneer Over Maple Cap
  • Neck: African Mahogany w/Bolivian Rosewood Veneers
  • Binding: White
  • Nut Width: 1 3/4″ Bone Nut
  • Fretboard: Ziricote
  • Inlays: None
  • Scale: 25″
  • Radius: 12″
  • Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
  • Bridge: Tone Pros Adjustable Wraparound
  • Tuners: Gotoh Mini
  • Pickups: Wolfetone Legend Bridge Pickup (Slightly Hotter)
  • Electronics: Volume, Tone, Coil-Cut Blend
  • Electronics: Electrosocket Jack, Bourns Potentiometers
  • Finish: Oil
  • Hardware: Chrome w/Burnished Steel Backplate & Trussrod Covers
  • Case Included
  • Other: Includes Levy’s Leather Strap w/Straplocks, 3-pack D’Addario Strings & COA
$2495.00 + shipping

Sold/More on Order

I like it :thu:
As always, headstocks are ugly and the price is too damn high!

But I like the over all look of it, the simplicity, mix of traditional & modern designs, and the coil-cut blend is intriguing.

I kind of like it.

Kind of a cool look in aged copper. Needs a neck pickup.

copper3.jpg

I like Berumen's guitars, except I don't like flattop Les Pauls unless its one of those P90 Les Paul Jrs or Specials.

I would rock the shit out of both of those.

Ziricote is a great hardwood. It's smooth like ebony but has much cooler looking caramel colored striping thoughout.

Hey guys, just joined up to the forum as I ran into this thread the other day. Thought I'd get on here, introduce myself and chime in.

My name is Isaac Berumen and I've been building guitars for almost 10 years. Started off building 59LP's "copies" for myself to use, using nothing more than a small underpowered bandsaw, belt sander and router. After building the first, I really got into it and one turned into ten which turned into twenty. I worked at Teye Guitars, here in Austin, for about 2 years so I gained plenty of experience there and made some good friends. All the while I continued to build and started to make tweaks to my own designs which were very influenced by LP's, Tele, and the occasional archtop designs

I became an independent builder less than a year ago. The guitar that really pushed me in that direction was a one-off called The Time Machine which featured a mosaic on the top comprised of hand cut pieces of copper, brass, and rosewood. That guitar was a real labor of love and really pushed my skills to another level. With the sale of that guitar I was able to complete my shop and really start focusing on building my instruments one at a time. Berumen Guitars truly is a one man shop operation. I do all the wood work, finishing and assembly. Each guitar is finished with an oil/varnish blend by hand and each has it's own character. You can find my guitars at Austin Guitar House, Rebel Guitars, and soon Infinity Guitars.

I really welcome all opinions and critiques on my guitars. Especially when they come from players like yourselves. This is what will make the guitars better. So please keep them coming and I look forward to reading more of the threads on this forum.

Isaac Berumen

Back