Formula 1 2022

Mazepin fired by HAAS.

oj2zkcwh9jl81.jpg

Reactions: Tig
KMag back in a Haas seat!

The 'oh fuck' meme of Max and Checo looking at the Merc that's circulating right now is kinda funny.

So it is the eve of qualifying, and soon we will know where the teams stack up in terms of performance. Mercedes still haven't resolved the porpoising issue on their car, and they say it isn't a quick fix, or are they bluffing?
Ferrari looks pretty fast, and appear to be in the mix at the pointy end of the grid.
Red Bull seems to have picked up where they left off, and Adrian Newey continues to impress with his genius F1 car designs.
McLaren seem quick, but their brakes are overheating, the could well wind up with DNF for this race.
Aston Martin are on the back foot with Vettel out with COVID-19, but Hulk is an excellent driver. Stroll continues to be OK, but not much to write home about.
Alpine (Renault) have brought some updates, it will be interesting to see what they yield on track (if they don't come apart)
Williams, Alfa Tauri, Haas, and Alfa Romeo all seem to be right there with each other.

On the Haas side it will be interesting to see how Mick Schumacher stacks up to some real competition with KMag as his team mate.

Game ON!

I'm going to record this year since at least on paper it looks to be more interesting (last year was but initially I thought it was going to Merc 1,2 every race)

That was an exciting race. Much more close racing, and some interesting changes in team strategies from past years. This on a track that is typically pretty boring. I'd say more, but I want to leave it open for those who can't see it live due to geography. A really great and exciting race, probably more than I have seen in the recent past.

Last edited:
I agree with @Tiltsta it was an excellent race. It had it all, epic battle for the lead, strategy and reliability all came into play. If Mercedes get their issues sorted, it's going to be a 3 team battle this year.

Even Haas looked competitive, but I wonder what MSC's problem was? He was nowhere all race.

Recorded and watched it. It was worth it especially after the first pits stops, the battle between Verstappen and LeClec was something that the sport has been missing for a long time. Lecler deserved the victory but the ending of the race was all kinds of crazy too. As much as I like him, Hamilton was gifted the podium

Reactions: Tig
Yeah, good race! I haven't seen any explanation from Red Bull on what the problems were with the cars. Hopefully they get it fixed quick.

Yeah, good race! I haven't seen any explanation from Red Bull on what the problems were with the cars. Hopefully they get it fixed quick.

They were originally speculating it was a fuel pump failure but that's been ruled out. Current thought seems to be excessive heat soak causing fuel to atomize in-between the fuel pumps and causing fuel starvation

I can't wait to hear the actual opinions of teams and drivers once they finish this race and are allowed to leave Saudi Arabia. I think the Saudi's suggestion that no one will be allowed to leave the country unless the event happens is not going to sit well. They have done this to WWF/WWE in the past, essentially holding people against their will to put on events. If anyone was questioning why F1 was there in the first place with that country's troubling history of oppression among other things, and plenty of people were, I'm sure those voices are about to get a lot louder.

Perhaps it is time for F1 to stop being the mobile clown show that will drop in for a weekend and legitimize any oppressive petrofascist regime for a buck. I mean, Bernie isn't in charge anymore, so perhaps it is time to rethink race hosting decisions based on more than cash.

Back