Formula 1 2022

TomcatMF

Vetteless
Car launches are underway. So far only Aston Martin has shown their actual car, while Red Bull and Haas have opted only to reveal their liveries on the 2022 show car.

Aston Martin:
AMR22_Studio2.jpg

So is Hamilton in yet? As of about a week ago he hadn't decided from what I read. He's waiting for them to "finish the investigation".
Whatever.

I really like the look of the Ferrari; they seem to have made some different design choices. It is going to be interesting to watch the season opener to see who made a good design and who missed the boat.

Mercedes looks like they tried to recreate barge boards and the rest of their previous car design out of the current floor. lol. I wonder if it will be fast, or as often happens, their engineers tried to hard to recreate what they had that they were a little blind to new things. Many an F1 team have failed like that.

It is always exciting when there are big formula changes, as really any team can have the right solution and dominate for at least the first few months as everyone tries to catch up. I hope this is more exciting that previous years of watching Lewis Hamilton absolutely dominate the track, or him and Max Verstappen racing 30 seconds in front of everyone else. Nothing against the talent of those two, especially Lewis, but it isn't all that fun to watch, beyond the historical thing where you can say you saw the greatest driver do his thing. It would be cool to see a season where 4-5 teams are in contention for wins.

Also, no more bullshit stewards/race director call nonsense. Lay out the rules, enforce the rules, follow the rules. If the race is boring as a result, change the rules in the off season.

Last edited:
First day of testing! No one seems to be commenting on whether you can follow closely, but the cars seem to be slower in slow corners due to being heavier and having simpler suspension. This has increased braking distances, so more opportunity for late brakers!

Everyone sandbags, so times aren't too helpful, but they're only off 2.8 seconds from last year's pole time, and under a second from last year's fast race lap.

I'm really hoping that at least 3 teams are relatively close to each other in performance this year, and that no one has figured out the magic bullet that will give them a huge advantage for several races, if not the whole season.

According to Mattia Binotto, a lot of teams, including Ferrari, underestimated the amount of porpoising there would be with the new floors.

Russian GP officially cancelled.
Seb came out first and said he would not race if it wasn't cancelled. I've always liked him as a driver since his redbull days but over the past several years, he's really distinguished himself as a stand up guy.

Russian GP officially cancelled.
Seb came out first and said he would not race if it wasn't cancelled. I've always liked him as a driver since his redbull days but over the past several years, he's really distinguished himself as a stand up guy.
I was a fan until he screwed Webber at Sepang, but I'm warming up to him again.

Drivers are saying that the new cars' ability to follow closely is a big improvement. Hopefully that translates to being able to overtake.

Drivers are saying that the new cars' ability to follow closely is a big improvement. Hopefully that translates to being able to overtake.

That would be great. I personally don't care who wins so long as there is racing and not wining because of pit strategy. Having multiple drivers competing for the championship would be wonderful as well. Hopefully this is a move in that direction

Back