Dig it! Fender American Performer Series

bsman

b00b
Don't think I've seen this discussed here yet:

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-series/american-performer/

Apparently, the replacement for the American Special/Highway 1 guitars (i.e. a lower-end US-built series). I have to admit that the "American Performer Telecaster Hum" is interesting to me, as a former owner of a 70s custom telecaster.

Fender-American-Performer-Telecaster-HS.jpg

The splittable HB is pretty compelling, too. I'll be interested once the reviews on these start coming out. I have been interested in the new American Professional Deluxe Shawbucker Tele, but this is even more interesting from my perspective.

Would this series be a good basis for modding? I'd rather mod a low end U.S. than a Squire- some Squires are nice though- such as the thinline mahogany bodied Tele.

Would this series be a good basis for modding? I'd rather mod a low end U.S. than a Squire- some Squires are nice though- such as the thinline mahogany bodied Tele.

At $1100, you might as well build a Warmoth and just get what you want the first time so you don't have to mod.

I love CBS headstocks. I actually built two guitars with them.
To each his own. They look really disproportionate to me. It also like celebrating the worse page in their history. To me it would be like a Gibson with bowling pin inlays.

To each his own. They look really disproportionate to me. It also like celebrating the worse page in their history. To me it would be like a Gibson with bowling pin inlays.
Good enough for Hendrix and Gilmour, good enough for me. :) The early CBS stuff wasn't bad. It was after '73-'74 that things went downhill. '75 gave us the 5-way switch, though.

Good enough for Hendrix and Gilmour, good enough for me. :) The early CBS stuff wasn't bad. It was after '73-'74 that things went downhill. '75 gave us the 5-way switch, though.
Hendrix’s guitars were hideous. When I think of Gilmour, I think of the normal headstock Strat. Like I said, nothing wrong with them. Their just ugly.

Back