Coffee guys, any of you tried the Aeropress?

We also use the simple Melitta cup and use the pour method. I have tried several contraptions including a French press, and I always come back to doing it this way.

I just finished off a great batch of Costa Rican beans. Not a trace of bitterness - so good.

We also use the simple Melitta cup and use the pour method. I have tried several contraptions including a French press, and I always come back to doing it this way.

I just finished off a great batch of Costa Rican beans. Not a trace of bitterness - so good.

I've done the Melitta pour over many times, a freind used to always take one camping and I had a similar gold filter thing for camping which i also used at home. To me if you use the gold filter cup with the Keurig it is the same, you get that heavy body and a bit of sediment. The difference is the Keurig you can have in about 1 minute where as the Melitta you need to boil water each time. One tap on the counter top , empty the old grinds in the trash , a quick rinse, load coffee filter, press button ansd you're done. At the same time the Keurig costs about 140 and the Melitta can be had for around 12-14 bucks.

Back