Charlie Watts dead at 80

c0cb90788ac411355284652a1c0c47ae.jpg
 
Charlie-Cam:



I like that he is like a fricken metronome and plays with the minimum flash. Everything he plays is a perfect fit for the song; nothing more, nothing less. Solid as hell and always totally under control, which is a great contrast to Jagger and Richards and their more over the top styles.
 
I like that he is like a fricken metronome and plays with the minimum flash. Everything he plays is a perfect fit for the song; nothing more, nothing less. Solid as hell and always totally under control, which is a great contrast to Jagger and Richards and their more over the top styles.

A couple of guys in work were talking about him last week when he said he wouldn't tour.

I mentioned that his parts sound easy but they're really tricky to pull off properly because he plays trad grip and does that thing where he doesn't play the 3 on his hi hat. Putting both together is a pita, unless you're Charlie.

RIP Charlie and thanks for the beats.
 
Back
Top