32 Of Your Childhood Toys That Are Worth An Absolute Fortune Now

I only had 1 of those, the Lite Brite.

And only one other, the Easy-Bake Oven, was around when I was a kid. :old:

I was 12 when the Easy-Bake oven came out, and a bit beyond toys. I was 16 by the time the Lite Brite came along. :old:

I had a great collection of Hot Wheels, but I left them at home when I went off to college -- who takes Hot Wheels to college? -- and my parents gave them all away.

I had the Fisher Price castle, a Lite Brite, tons of legos and lots of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars.

The only ones I remember were Lite Brite, Easy Bake Oven and the Crossfire game. The others are after my time.

I still have a box of my original 60's issue Hot Wheels from when I was a kid. The problem is, I played with them hard back then and they are nowhere near mint quality. Never know though, maybe I should try the ebay waters...

My kids had a bunch of those other ones too...Tamagachi, Furbie, Betty Spaghetti, Polly Pocket, Sky Dancer. None of them are "New" either though, so probably not worth much.

Ebay asking price and selling prices can be quite a ways apart. All I see on that page are asking prices.

Lite Brite,Hot Wheels were the only ones I had.
My sister had the EZ Bake oven.

Really?

I have 4 Charizard Pokémon cards from that era. My son and I were just going through our stuff...

:hmm:

I too had litebrite - no longer.

I believe my son has a Power Ranger Action figure - red ranger.

and we had the Mariokart 64. Gameboy - I have the special Pikachu one :lol:

All though items are not new, I believe that they have value.

We had a Lite Brite and many of the early HotWheels. The chrome Boss Mustang was a special mail in proof of purchase item.
My brother had some early moon shoes.
il_570xN.551377176_gti0.jpg

I'd kill for an intact Big Loo robot.
big_loo.jpg
post-329-0-67791900-1387685027.jpg

I think that's more indicative of how loony people are on ebay rather than the value of the toys. I'd be impressed if those were closed auction prices. But "buy it now" - meh.

Most of the stuff on there isn't that old. Hell, they still sell ez bake ovens (or they did until fairly recently).

My kids (the oldest is 23) had a lot of those. Lite-Brite, Furby, Sky Dancer, Betty Spaghetti. Heck, my youngest *still* plays on her older sister's Gameboy color.

I'd venture to guess that you could walk into any thrift store today and find much of that.

I *hated* Polly Pocket crap. It was always scattered around the house, and stepping on one barefoot was agonizing!

I forgot about the Agent Zero M toy guns. They converted from a camera, radio, or movie camera. I had the camera-pistol one, upper left
mattel+agent+zero+weapons+camera+radio+movie.png

Last edited:
I had none of those. I DID have one of these and it was my favorite toy ever. My parents gave it away when we moved to California and I never forgave them for it: :mad:

Coolest Toy Ever - Mattel SPACE: 1999 Eagle 1

On Christmas morning 1976, I received one of the greatest gifts of my entire childhood. Better even than my Star Trek and Planet of The Apes Mego figures. It was Mattel's two-foot longEagle Transporter playset from Space: 1999.

This thing was a monster and came with small action figures of Moonbase Alpha's John Koenig, Helena Russell and Victor Bergman in their bright orange space suits. There were also tiny accessories like little laser guns, helmets and other bits of exploratory equipment. The cockpit opened and could hold two figures, and the passenger compartment was large enough to reach in and move them around. There was even a hatch in the bottom with a working winch!

The nose section and red engine section were detachable and could even be joined together to make a small reconnaissance craft. It was, without a doubt, the coolest spaceship toy ever.

Sadly, this is not a photo of my Eagle (I wish!) - all that remains of the one I received all those decades ago is the main chassis and nothing else; all the other parts having been lost or destroyed through years of dangerous space missions to the alien planets of my backyard. Oh, the perils I used to subject that tiny crew of Alphans to!

Obviously, I got an awful lot of fun out of that thing, and if my fortunes ever turn around, I'd love to hunt down an intact one one day.

Of course, I later had the Eagle (and Hawk fighter) model kits, and they were cool, too, but once built, there really wasn't much you could do with the ships other than display them. That didn't actually stop me from playing with mine, though... which is why they no longer survive!

Back