GPOTD 1.15.18

I'm surprised you had a bad experience, they have been nothing short of rock solid for me.
I had a crappy Wilkinson on a Godin I used to own.

I've found out since that Wilkinson 50's (V50? VS50?) were a crappy Wilkinson that won't stay in tune, and the 100 series is the 'good' Wilkinson that is rock solid.

Mine probably had the 50 series :shrug:

Interesting to note too, that Carvin, and now Kiesel, still use the crappy 50 series Wilkinson, even though their comminty over on their forums have been saying for years now that the 100 series is a much better bridge unit. You would think that a company would use the better bridge if their customer wants it, but whatever...

Nope. Not gonna do it.
I had a crappy Wilkinson on a Godin I used to own.

I've found out since that Wilkinson 50's (V50? VS50?) were a crappy Wilkinson that won't stay in tune, and the 100 series is the 'good' Wilkinson that is rock solid.

Mine probably had the 50 series :shrug:

Interesting to note too, that Carvin, and now Kiesel, still use the crappy 50 series Wilkinson, even though their comminty over on their forums have been saying for years now that the 100 series is a much better bridge unit. You would think that a company would use the better bridge if their customer wants it, but whatever...

Makes sense, I just checked all of my Reverend's are v100's.

I've got an original 2-point Wilkinson trem from about 18 years ago and it's never failed or done anything strange. It's in my parts bin now though, because I put the stock Strat bridge back in.

Back