Working towards NAMM... (teasers)

Thanks!

The ironic thing is I was about half way through my teaching credential right before the economy dumped. My wife was further along than I was so I went to working full time for a while. Course then the market tanked... lol

158589395.jpg

158589396.jpg

158589398.jpg

Supro inspired Argonaut for a customer.
158589397.jpg

Small forest of Arcturus necks :grin:

Wow, I like the look of the copper pieces on that one. Not something I would usually like, but like all your designs, the parts just seem to work. The red/gold one from earlier today is a fine example; Two things I don't normal like put together in a cohesive design really works well.

You have to stop posting this stuff, as I have college funds to worry about, and I am tempted to buy a bunch of these.

Wow, I like the look of the copper pieces on that one. Not something I would usually like, but like all your designs, the parts just seem to work. The red/gold one from earlier today is a fine example; Two things I don't normal like put together in a cohesive design really works well.

You have to stop posting this stuff, as I have college funds to worry about, and I am tempted to buy a bunch of these.

Thank you so much!

If it eases the pain, all 3 Argo's were customer orders. Argo's take so long they all agreed to let me take them to NAMM (two get picked up there).

LOL I do my best! I'd clear any purchase with your better half first anyways :wink:

Speaking of, are you escaping to NAMM again this year?

Unfortunately, no. I probably wasn't going to make it, anyway, but now a good friend is getting hitched in Texas that same weekend.

158615346.jpg

I think I worked out a different way in my head to bind that p90 (sans seam) last night but for a "hey I wonder if this would work" it came out pretty damn slick.

Figured out the best way to do this. Rather than wrap it in traditional binding material (like I did the first one):

158622392.jpg

I just laser cut a solid ring. This eliminates the seam that I honestly always struggle with in binding
158622393.jpg

Rounded the top back over :grin:

Figured out the best way to do this. Rather than wrap it in traditional binding material (like I did the first one):

158622392.jpg

I just laser cut a solid ring. This eliminates the seam that I honestly always struggle with in binding
158622393.jpg

Rounded the top back over :grin:
motherofgod.jpg

No offense, Doug, but I bet your guitars would be more widely accepted if you didn't have masking tape all over the fretboards. That has to screw up intonation something awful!

Thanks buddy!

That copper hardware is HOT. I LOVE IT!

So are those necks. You do make some lovely stuff.

Thank you! Yep, everything I make except Arcturus (new this year) is either a set neck or neck thru (Banshee)

No offense, Doug, but I bet your guitars would be more widely accepted if you didn't have masking tape all over the fretboards. That has to screw up intonation something awful!

HAhaha so true!!! One of these days I'm going to add up how many miles of tape I go through every year

Making progress on this guy too
158667776.jpg

Way behind on updates but we're getting close. Really just waiting on tuners at this point (monday) but here's a couple things

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

(btw seen here first. Banshee V2.0. They freaking SLAY)
158758665.jpg

158758665.jpg

large.jpg

Here's a good chunk of what's going to NAMM. Not all but most.

Last edited:
Back