Who owned and played this guitar???

The Crusher

The non chosen one!
Here is a Gibson LP that my buddy owns and is coming my way the paint scheme is called "Firemist" I know that Gibson only ever made 4 of these and they were made for a pro artist to tour with, but Gibson confirmed all of that, however will not give up the artists name. I thought maybe one of you may have seen the guitar in a concert.... Gibson said that they would never produce these again because the process it took to make these was a real bitch!

I thought I've seen pics with Joe Perry this and/or one with a Bigsby. I know they had that Boneyard model, but I remember this more recently.

I thought firemist is a red burst pattern? I used to lust after a firemist SG Custom a local shop used to have on the floor.

DV016_Jpg_Large_517642.173_firemist.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...-5a-quilt-top-electric-guitar/517642000173000

Hmmmmm! I guess I will have to call my buddy again, he is in his 70's and has an extensive guitar collection, he may have it mixed up, but I do know this is an artist guitar as he sent picks of the over spray as they really don't do the best on making them perfect on a touring guitar. He is sharp on guitars, has a RD artist that he bought that was used by Grohl at a concert, his guitar tech came into the local vintage guitar store and wanted it changed over to just regular humbuckers and they rented it for the night and it is still set-up that way, but he has all of the moog stuff to go right back in it. That is mine too....lol! He has some great stuff and is beginning to thin it out because if he kicks the bucket, he doesn't want to leave it for his wife to deal with. If I get a list I will post it up.

I honestly can't tell what that finish is from the pics. It kinda look like a dusty black guitar that was out in the rain. :confused:

It is black and they took silver and made it run over the black, it was a bitch to doand that is why they said they would never do it again.....lol!

Back