What is this and why is it $750?

DAM is/was a high end booteek pedals company in the Netherlands. They were the ones who figured out power amp on a chip circuits. Discontinued DAM pedals are quite collectable.

Pulp Fiction and Old Testament references cost extra:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Used prices on D*A*M pedals, even non-discontinued models, have been outrageous for close to a decade for the same reason as many over-priced pedals...high demand, long waitlist (when offered), and low productivity created a high scalping coefficient. D*A*M is most famous for their Tone Bender repro, which was selling for more used than vintage originals.

As to the pedal, they say...

A superior quality multi-functional bass overdrive preamplifier. Hand crafted in very limited quantities to the highest standards possible, the EZEKIEL 25:17 offers the low frequency musicnaut nothing short of pure unadulterated auditory filth.

Back